Crop Growing Gutters
From Other Products
Crop growing gutters provide many benefits. Ever-increasing demand in the greenhouse horticulture sector means that the range on offer is expanding all the time. Nowadays, a crop gutter can be used for several products, e.g. for roses, gerberas, orchids and strawberries. However, in recent years there has also been a dramatic increase in demand for crop gutters for tomatoes. This type of crop growing gutter is also designed for use with peppers, aubergines and cucumbers.
HORCONEX cropgutters are a sure-fire way of achieving success. They can be installed in new and existing greenhouses. Some of the benefits include:
- Improved working conditions, as the crops no longer grow in the soil, rather at a comfortable working height on the gutters.
- Total capture of waste water, which can be recycled as required.
- Improved control over growing conditions.
- Crops no longer depend on soil conditions.
- Reduced risk of crop disease.
- Improved hygiene as the pathways in the greenhouse are easier to keep clean.
Your specific needs and requirements are used to determine the ideal arrangement of crop growing gutters. We also involve you in the choice of materials to be used for the crop growing gutters. While there is a range of options, it is normal for a steel profile (with a protective coating) to be used. However, new materials are being introduced all the time, allowing horticultural producers to comply with the strict requirements.
Once the proposed cropgutter system has been established, the cropgutters are rolled in situ by HORCONEX. This approach maximises customisation at the same time as minimising installation work, resulting in a perfectly watertight system. The gutters can then be suspended or installed on supports. Gutters for vegetable crops are usually suspended.