Crushed Limestone Aggregate
From Other Products
Made from high quality, natural deposits of limestone, and meeting exacting chemical and physical properties, Carmeuse has a broad range of crushed limestone products that provide high-performance, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly attributes and benefits for the construction industry. Composed of calcium carbonate, CaCO3, limestone aggregate has chemical and physical properties that deliver exceptional performance and value in a broad range of applications, particularly in the construction industry.
Crushed Limestone Aggregates provide:
- Higher yields — limestone is very durable and wear resistant which contributes to higher spread rates
- Light weight — limestone is about 6% lighter than granite aggregate or gravel
- Permeability — limestone is an ideal product for maintaining natural water flow and drainage while meeting regulatory compliance for managing run-off, controlling pollutants, and sustaining forestry
- Versatility — various grade sizes of limestone make it ideal for a broad range of applications such as filler, base course, landscaping and agriculture.
- Availability — limestone is plentiful throughout North America
- Affordability — limestone is one of the highest value/lowest cost construction aggregates available
Crushed Limestone Aggregate is popularly used for based course, ready-mix concrete, and asphalt production and in: Construction