D&L - Model 36DTH - Horizontal Twin Sawmill
From Sawmill Models
The horizontal saw or edging saw works like a built in edger. This saw is edging your lumber while the head saw is making its vertical cut through the log. This advantage means no log turning, higher yield, and less handling. The splitter system that has been designed to follow both saws keeps the boards separated from each of the saws.
The head saw starts into the log first and then as the edger saw trails edging the board the log tension is released after the head saw not onto the head saw. This allows no clamping onto the head saw . The results are higher yields and less waste and less saw maintenance.
Allows operator to change the teeth in the field. There is a total of 10 teeth on the 30 inch head saw and 8″ edger saw costing a maximum of $2 per day for replacement saw teeth. Less teeth on the smaller models. You never will have to replace the actual blade.
With the board return built right into the carriage, the lumber returns out the back of mill direct to the lumber pile as the carriage is returning back to the operator. The operator has only to handle the last few feet of the fully edged board.
- Depth of cut Head Saw : 12″
- Power Unit : 55 HP
- Log Length : 20′ 6″
- Log Diameter : 36″
- Depth of cut Edger Saw : 8″
- Trailer : Yes
- Hydraulic Package : optional
- Feed Works : hydraulic
- Board Return : Yes
- Track Extension : optional
- Under Deck Log Turner & Centering Chain : Optional
- Auto Alignment Log Turner : N/A
- Side Shift Posts : optional
- Stationary Jacks : Yes
- Diamond Sharpener & Jig : Yes
- Inserted Blades (1 blade per mill) : Yes
- Carbide Blades (2 Blades per mill) : N/A