Model D65 - Draper Header
The MacDon D65 Draper Header is designed to deliver outstanding straight cut performance, especially when faced with tough harvesting conditions. Low podding, downed, tangled, or even lodged crops; whatever the harvesting situation the MacDon D65 Draper Header excels. Combining or swathing, the D65 is a true multi-crop harvesting solution. This “Can Do” attitude delivered with MacDon reliability and performance, is the reason why MacDon Draper Headers are a great fit for so many of today’s operations.
SMOOTH, CONSISTENT, HEADS-FIRST FEEDING. IT'S WHAT SETS OUR MACHINES APPART.
MacDon 5 Series Drapers are designed to provide smooth, consistent headsfirst feeding to the combine, even in the most challenging harvest conditions. Feeding crop heads-first is the best way to get the most performance out of your combine - burning less fuel and taking less time to process means getting the crop off quicker and more efficiently. HERE'S HOW WE DO IT...
- Close Reel to Cutterbar Relationship - The MacDon D65 features a fixed cutter bar to reel relationship. A small critical gap between the reel fingers and the cutter bar is maintained at all times, even in rough field conditions, ensuring smooth feeding of the crop over the entire width of the MacDon D65 Header.
- Active Float System - The CA25 works with the auto-header-height-control of the combine which allows for instant float-response over changing ground conditions. Coil springs mechanically provide lateral and vertical float of the header, independent of the combine feeder house which allows the D65 to float over rolling and uneven terrain.
- Reel Performance - The MacDon reel offers 4 adjustable cam positions, allowing you to select the setting that best suits your harvest conditions. Positions 1 and 2 are for fair harvest conditions with ripe standing crop and no green weeds or undergrowth. Positions 3 and 4 allow you to put the reel in front of and below the cutter bar for lifting downed and low podding crop. You can also use the header tilt and fore-aft reel positioning for even more aggressive action when required.
- The D65 can be used for direct cutting on most current combines (with MacDon’s CA25 Combine Adapter), as well as swathing canola, forage, and other specialty crops with MacDon 5 Series Windrowers.
- The reel is easily adjustable to one of 4 cam positions to match harvest conditions.
- Hydraulically adjusted reel fore-aft and header tilt functions allow easy, on-the-go changes for harvesting conditions.
- The C-shaped cutter bar promotes smoother crop flow with one of the industry’s shortest transitions from cutter bar to the draper. Even in shatter-prone crops, it maintains a tight draper to cutter bar seal for better harvest performance.
- Featuring the proven durability of the MacDon wobble box drive, the hydraulic knife drive enables adjustments to the sickle speed based on specific harvesting conditions.
- Spare knife storage is now provided on 40’ (12.2m) and 45’ (13.7m) double knife headers.
- Improved hydraulics with knife reverser and more precise draper speed control.
CRITICAL GAP - ITS THE MACDON ADVANTAGE
The MacDon D65 combine header features a Dual Span (split) Reel. This design allows the reel to operate very closely to the cutting components in short or down and tangled crops even over rough, uneven ground without clipping the fingertips.
THE ACTIVE FLOAT FLOAT SYSTEM ADVANTAGE
The auto-header-height-control on combines is a reactive system, meaning that it needs time to 'react' to changing ground conditions. For example if it takes 1 second to react, at 6 mph (10km/h) you will have already traveled 8' (2.5m). This lag may cause the header to get caught up on uneven terrain making for uneven cutting and/or unnecessary dirt ingestion. The active float system of the MacDon CA25 allows for instant response over all kinds of ground conditions.
MacDon’s D65 Draper Headers can be used for direct cutting with most current model combines using the CA25. The D65 can also be used with MacDon 5 Series Windrowers for swathing canola, forage, and other specialty crops. Available in both single and double knife versions and in widths from 25' (7.6m) to 40' (12.2m).
REEL FORE-AFT - HYDRAULIC POSITIONER
Adjust the reel position to changing crop and field conditions on-the-go from the cab.
EXTRORDINARY REEL DESIGN
MacDon's patented PR15 pick-up reel has been engineered to deliver optimal performance. The remarkable movement of this reel provides aggressive yet gentle finger action, resulting in the best pick-up action and crop recovery in the industry. Along with 4 cam positions, header tilt control, and fore-aft reel positioning, this reel can be specifically adjusted to meet your harvest conditions.
PARKER HOSES AND COUPLERS
By using high quality Parker hoses throughout the D65, we have been able to provide the most reliable Draper Header to date.
33% INCREASE IN DRAPER TENSION
The D65 was modified to allow the drapers to be tensioned up to 33% more than previous D60 headers, improving the drive to drapers for handling the heaviest of crop loads.
A spare knife can be ordered and installed into the back-tube of any size of D65 Draper header at the factory.
IMPROVED VISIBILITY, CLEAN DESIGN, OPERATING CONVENIENCE
Visibility of the float and tilt has been improved. Mounting the tilt indicator directly on the cylinder with a simplified design makes it easier for the operator to see. Automatic header height control and hydraulic header tilt are now standard features on all 5 Series Drapers.
This kit is a compression molded component that has very high wear characteristics. It is used when cutting low podding crops like soybeans, lentils, or other lodged crops. The smooth design characteristics make this kit ideal for muddy harvesting conditions by reducing the likelihood of mud building up on the cutterbar.
This kit is not standard on all headers, but is available for all header sizes.
REEL END SHIELDS REDESIGNED
The reel endshields were redesigned for less carryover of crop and to allow more clearance between the reel and header endshields.
ROBUST REEL DRIVE
The MacDon pick-up reel is the most robust on the market. The special cam arms are manufactured in cast-iron to ensure it can withstand the toughest crop conditions.
REEL POSITIONER INDICATOR
Reel position can be critical to the performance of your header in certain crops. Simple reel positioner indication is offered to allow your operators to better determine where their reel works best.
A draper seal is built into both of the side drapers and travels the entire length of the c-shaped cutterbar, preventing and crop residue from entering the underside of the drapers.
V-GUIDE DRAPER TRACKING
Critical to keep your drapers tracking straight, preventing premature wear to the drapers.