Delta-T Devices - Model DL6 - Soil Moisture Data Logger
The DL6 is a dedicated data logger optimised for use with Delta-T soil moisture sensors. It can be used with combinations of ThetaProbes, SM150 Soil Moisture Sensors, SM300 Soil Moisture Sensors and Profile Probes, and also accepts rain gauge and soil temperature probe inputs. Up to 16000 readings can be stored in memory.
- Ideal for Profile Probes, ThetaProbes, SM150 Sensors, and SM300 sensors
- 8 channel logger with weather-proof case and battery power
- Free use of DeltaLINK-Cloud data sharing service
The DL6 can record data from:
- 6 soil water content sensors (or other analog voltages)
- 1 temperature sensor
- 1 pulse counter (e.g. rainfall)
DL6 - perfect partner for Profile Probes
The DL6 provides a cost-effective solution for logging Profile Probes. It handles a PR2/6 (100cm depth) or a PR2/4 (40 cm depth). The IP68 cable makes connection easy, and the DL6 PC software simplifies sensor configuration and data collection.
Designed for field use
The DL6 is well suited to both research applications and irrigation monitoring. To minimise the need for opening the case, data is collected via an external RS232 socket, and the status of the logger can be checked using a vibration-activated LED. DL6 Loggers include a novel accelerated logging feature to allow the tracking of wetting fronts.
Storage, communications and power
The DL6 can be connected to a Delta-T Devices GPRS modem system for remote communication functionality (this system does not supply power to the logger).
The DL6 has a storage capacity of 16K readings (typical). Data can be collected by a laptop locally via RS232 or remotely using the GPRS modem options.
The DL6 has 6 alkaline AA internal batteries as standard. Up to 10 DL6s can share communications using an M8 cabling network.
- Input connections:
- 6 voltage channels
- 1 temperature
- 1 counter
- Control outputs: 1 relay (2A)
- Readings stored: 16,000
- Recording rate: 1 second to 24 hours
- Configuration: DeltaLINK
- Communication options: RS232, USB  or modem
- Sensor excitation: 1 switched logger power
- Power: 6 AA alkaline batteries
- Battery life (dependent on usage): ~ 1 year
- Enclosure rating: IP67
- Temperature range: -10 to +50°C
- Size: 180 x 160 x 70mm
- Typical applications: Monitoring soil moisture pro?les
- Controlling irrigation
Sensor compatibility (maximum number of sensors that could be connected 
- ML3: (1) with temp (5) excl. temp
- SM150T: (1) with temp (5) excl. temp
- PR2: (1)
- PR2 SDI-12
- WET Sensor
- EQ3: (6 as mV only)
- Temperature: (1)
- Counters or Events: (1)
- Relay Output: (1)
-  With USB to RS232 Adapter Cable type USB-RS232
-  With appropriate expansion cards and power supply arrangements