Delta-T - Model ML3 ThetaKit - Soil Moisture Measurement Kit
ML3 ThetaKit (Soil Moisture Measurement Kit): Rapid, accurate measurement of water content in soil. Used by many of the world's leading golf courses and sporting venues. Soil moisture with ± 1% accuracy. View, store and retrieve readings with the HH2 Moisture Meter. International reputation for ruggedness and reliability. Fast and easy to use research grade instrument.
Supplied in a convenient carry case, the ThetaKit (based around the new ML3 ThetaProbe Soil Moisture Sensor) contains everything you need to obtain accurate soil moisture measurements. The kit comes complete with a dedicated HH2 Moisture Meter for instant readout, an insertion tool for penetrating hard soils, and a set of spare replacement rods.
With a proven reputation for reliability and robustness, the new ML3 probe has extra features, improved performance and a new look. With class leading 1% accuracy it continues to set the standard for fast, easy soil moisture measurement.
For over fifteen years the ThetaProbe Soil Moisture Sensor has gained a reputation among scientific researchers worldwide for its accuracy, stability, and robustness. This research grade performance is now available to turf managers - offering an unrivalled level of accuracy for the determination of soil water content.
With the ThetaKit it is possible to rapidly check irrigation uniformity and turf characteristics. Regular measurement of soil moisture content allows continual assessment of grass health - giving early warning of potential problems and enabling the turf manager to take preventative action - before damaging physical change in the turf has occurred.
Use the ThetaKit to:
- Spot check soil moisture content quickly and easily
- Identify areas too dry or too wet before turf problems become visible
- Quantify background levels of water content that underpin good turf
- Schedule optimised irrigation
- Check the performance of automatic sprinklers – and the uniformity of
- water application
Please note that although the ML3 has a built in temperature sensor, temperature can only be recorded if the probe is connected to a data logger (and the probe is fully buried). The HH2 Meter is unable to provide temperature indication.
- Range : 0-100% soil water content
- Accuracy : ±1% (for 0-50% range)
- Power : 9V PP3 battery (over 6000 readings)
- Sampling volume : 6cm x 3cm diameter cylinder
- Environmental Sealing : Waterproof (IP68)
- Memory : Over 2000 readings