Delvotest - Model SP-NT - Broad Spectrum Antibiotic Test Kit
From Antibiotic Tests
This is the broad spectrum antibiotic test most widely used by all UK milk processors. Only Delvotest SP-NT is used to check every UK farm tank at least once a week by milk purchasers for quality payment purposes. It is also by far the most popular amongst dairy farmers – often referred to as the ‘Gold Standard of antibiotic tests’! Delvotest SP-NT is suitable for testing both individual cows after treatment and bulk tanks. It is simple to use, very reliable and inexpensive per test. It is capable of detecting all 6 categories of antibiotics your vet may prescribe.
Always check whenever:
- Cows calve early after dry cow therapy.
- A cow has been treated ‘Off Label’:
- when a standard dose rate has been exceeded
- when treatments are extended if treatments are combined
- Off- label use renders normal withdrawal periods unreliable: extend to 7 days from last treatment and always test before resubmitting milk for sale.
- If treatment records are 'lost or confused'.
- To identify which cow is responsible for a ‘mystery’ tank failure (see blue link on the right for
Testing all post-treatment cows, and securing a clear result before resubmitting milk for sale, remains the best safeguard available to ensure the integrity of your milk.