Model 540-14 - Commercial Feed Mixers
From Feed Mixers
The patented rotor lifts feed up to the side augers that move the feed from end-to-end for thorough mixing. The lifting action of the rotor eliminates wedging of the hay or long cut feeds under the lower auger. Patented tumbling design reduces mixing power requirements. See more about rotor options below.
Rotary Blend Rations
Our thorough mixing action eliminates dead spots and corner pile-up, giving you a consistent balance of nutrients from the first pound of feed to the last. Complete mixing of ingredients also reduces the ability of the cattle to sort and “nose out” ingredients.
3/4', 5/8' and 1/2' flighting available for lower auger to extend life. Top augers available in 3/8' and 1/2' flighting.
Commercial Scale Check System
Load cell mounting comes standard with Roto-Mix ball and socket type tie bars to connect the mixer to the frame. This feature eliminates side and end movement on the load cells which allow for scale dependability and accuracy.
Easy Access Rear Doors
The single lever latch makes inspection easy and desirable compared to other little latches or hardware.
Single Point Grease Bank
Allows quick lubrication from a single point. Heavy-duty drive assembly runs in an enclosed oil bath.
Lower Center of Gravity
A lower center of gravity makes for a more stable unit when feeding and less shock load when cornering.
The flared side allows feed to tumble out of the rotor speeding up the mixing action and reducing the chance for feed to get trapped inside the rotor.
Full Scale Frame
Sturdy box frame construction with rectangular tubing for increased stability and weighing accuracy. Scale frame assembly allows scale frame to float independent of truck frame.
Feeds all types of grain, liquid feed, by-products, and forages. Ability to mix small and large batches with consistency, day after day, even with micro ingredients.
Commercial Duty Drive Train
Splined shafts eliminate shearing of keys and gaulding of shafts. Heavy-duty chains and bearings extend life and reduce downtime.
Adding hay to the ration is easy and convenient. Place the hay in the Hay Processor on the unit and let it do the work of separating the hay and distributing the long stemmed material into your mix. The result is hay with leaves intact and the stem not continually cut up or crushed.
Patented Double Flighted Top Auger
Helps to hold the hay in the processor to be separated and eliminates “hay balls” from slipping in-between the flights and into the mixing chamber.
- Single pole tongue allows for a tight turning radius.
- Trailer constructed of heavy-duty tubular steel with built in scale mountings.
- Heavy-duty hubs and spindles designed for years of trouble free operation.
- A wide selection of tire choices.
- Rear bumper is standard equipment.
- Short wheel base allows for tight turns and easy maneuverability.
- Adjustable hitch clevis allows the operator to level mixer with most tractors to maximize mixer efficiency.
- Heavy-duty, tubular trailer frame ensures long life and maximum scale accuracy.
- Weigh bar scale or load cell mounting.
- Load cell mounting comes standard with Roto-Mix ball and socket type tie bars to connect the mixer to the frame. This feature eliminates side and end movement on the load cells which allows for scale dependability and accuracy.
- Heavy-duty leaf spring suspension on 720 and 920 units.
- Higher side discharge location allows easier loading of conveyors or elevator legs while maintaining a minimum mixer height.
- Left and right discharge units available.
- Low electric horsepower requirements.
- Flexible motor mount designs to keep overall space requirements to a minimum.
- Wide base scale frame.
- Door—Wide door openings allow for fast feed delivery with easy hydraulic control while mixer is running.
- Spouts—Gravity discharge spouts have no moving parts. Wind exposure is reduced compared to other units throwing feed to the cattle.
- Magnets—Trap foreign metal before it reaches the feed bunk.
- Ladders to aid in inspection of mixing chamber.
- Stainless steel liners for mixing chamber.
- Rotor options of 3, 5, 6 or staggered to match the ration density and improve mixing speed and performance.