From Biomass Generation
Biogas Australia suggests that in order to fully utilize the potential of the digested biomass, a further process step be undertaken to enhance the nutrient composition of the biomass.
- High value Fertilizer production: by separating the liquid from the solid biomass and further composting using drum composter to make use of the aerobic composting to enhance the nutrient composition of the digested biomass;
- Algae Production: Research has shown that algae production for either protein or bio-oil is possible and Biogas Australia will explore these possibilities in the future;
- Animal Feed supplement: When organic materials are digested anaerobically, a significant fraction is reduced to ammonia, some of which is taken up by growing bacterial biomass and converted to new amino acids. To be further explored by Biogas Australia in the future.
- Biogas Australia suggests that in order to fully utilize the potential of the digested biomass, a further process step be undertaken to enhance the nutrient composition of the biomass.
- By passing the digester biomass through a press screen separator you will end up with a solid cake with around 60 – 62% moisture content. The liquids can either be returned to the digester to bring the input feedstock to pumpable slurry (recommended with eco-shelter material) or used as animal feed for fish farming etc.
- Once the solids have passed the press screw separator they are composted in the rotary drum composter for several days before being unloaded (continuous process) into rows for curing and stabilization before being bagged for sale.
- Biogas Australia can supply all of the equipment required for this process.
The compost is first loaded into the reception bunker (1) via a front-loader or a truck/tractor. The material is then transferred to the loading chamber (3) via the conveyor (2). The weight of the material that is dispatched by the loading chamber is weighed by the electronic scale (4). The packaging weight can be adjusted to be anywhere between 25-50kg. These parameters are adjusted and changed from the control panel (5) located conveniently next to the scale.
Once the weight of the bag approaches the pre-defined dispatch weight, the conveyor slows down and switches to sensitive mode. Then it stops once the desired bag weight is reached. The bag is removed from the loading cell’s mouth mechanism and is stitched by the operator using an handheld electric sewing unit.
The platform where the bag sits on is lowered by presssing on the foot-pedal underneath the station and unloaded from the platform; then a new empty bag is positioned and clamped onto the loading-cell. The operator pushes on the “start” button on the control panel to re-start the conveyor for loading of the next bag.
Only one operator is required for this packaging operation.