Dixon - Model DX254 - Zero Turn Mower
From Zero Turn Mowers
The DX200 series from Dixon ZTR provides the performance and durability to meet the needs of today's lawn maintenance professionals. For maximum productivity, the computer aided cutting deck design offers premium cut quality and dispersal at high speeds up to 12 mph. Extensive use of heavy gauge steel, cast iron and oversized components combine to provide solid commercial construction for increased durability, even in the most demanding conditions. Engine manufacturer: Kawasaki. Cutting width: 54 inch
- Zero-turn steering system
Individual, hydraulic wheel-drive provides very precise maneuvering and allows the mower to rotate around its own axis. The result is increased productivity.
- Kawasaki engine
Kawasaki engines offer smooth, quiet, reliable power. Heavy-duty components offer long life and electric start is standard.
- Air Filter
Commercial grade, large capacity canister air filter improves airflow and extends engine life - easily maintained for increased hours between air filter changes.
- Cast Iron Blade Hubs
Oversized cast iron blade housings and ball bearing construction provide greater durability in the toughest conditions.
- Caster Assemblies
Rugged reinforced caster assemblies feature greasable bearings.
- Control lever dampeners
Control lever feature hydraulic dampeners for smooth finger-tip operation.
- Control Panel
Control panel is located on the fender for easy access.
- Deck Lift System
Convenient deck lift/height mechanism features spring assist for reduced effort when raising deck
- Deluxe Seat
Dixon's deluxe seat features heavy-duty foam cushions and a contoured back rest for the ultimate in operator comfort.
- Easy Service Access
The chassis design lends itself to simplified regular maintenance and servie with easy access oil drain, filters and electrical system.
- Dual Fuel Tanks
Dual fuel tanks with 11 gallon capacity feature tilted fill necks and oversized openings for easy fill ups.
- Foot Activated Deck Lift
Convenient foot pedal deck lift allows for quick deck adjustment without taking hands off the steering levers
- Hands-free deck lift
The robust, pedal-operated deck lift system allows quick, hands-free operation.
- Performance tuned cutting deck
7 gauge fabricated steel cutting deck is performance tuned to provide excellent cut quality and high speed performance. Double supported scalp rollers, cast iron spindles, and 1/4'' blades add to the rugged package.
- High Performance Drive System
The integrated ZT5400 drive system features 16cc pumps for increased torque, cooler operation and ground speeds up to 12mph.
- Oversized Operator Area
The wide foot area, oversized steering levers and extensive leg room offers superior comfort for any operator.
- Removable Foot Pan
Removable dimpled-steel foot pan for easy access to deck belt pulleys, spindles and clean-up.
- Rear wheels
Large rear tires and wide stance offer improved stability and ride quality.
Standard roll over proection system is foldable to 90 degrees to allow cutting under low hanging limbs or parking in shallow areas.
- Rubber Discharge Shield
Heavy duty rubber discharge shield allows close trimming withoutout damage to shield or objects like fences and trees.
- Steering Levers
Foam padded steering levers, with variable dampening are fully adjustable to suit the individual preference of any operator.
- 13 Bushel Collection System
Increase productivity and versatility with a 13 bushel triple bag collection system. Unique design removes or installs in a matter of minutes.
- Engine manufacturer Kawasaki
- Engine name FX Series
- Engine type FX751
- Power 24.5 hp
- Cylinder displacement 49.4 cu.inch
- Cylinders 2
- Engine cooling Air
- Generator 15 A
- Air Filter type Heavy-Duty Canister Style
- Fuel Type Gasoline
- Fuel tank volume 11 gal.
- Fuel tank location Side (Dual)
- Engine lubrication type Full pressure
- Oil capacity 70.4 fl oz
- Oil filter Yes
- Transmission type Hydrostatic
- Transmission manufacturer Hydro-Gear
- Transmission model ZT 5400
- Pump displacement 16 cm³
- Fan-cooled pumps Yes
- Speed forward, min-max 0-12 mph
- Speed reverse, min-max 0-6 mph
- Cutting width 54 inch
- Cutting deck type Fabricated
- Cutting methods Collect/Mulch/Side ejection
- Cutting deck material Steel
- Deck thickness 7 gauge
- Cutting height, min-max 1 - 5 inch
- Cutting height steps 17
- Blade engagement Electric clutch
- Clutch rating 250 ft.lb
- Blades 3
- Blade-tip speed 18500 fpm
- Anti-scalp wheels 4
- Deck lifting system Manual, foot assisted
- Powder-coated cutting deck Yes
- Spindle/mandrel type Cast iron
- Greasable mandrels Yes
- ROPS Yes
- Seat material Vinyl
- Seat spring Yes
- Seat back height High
- Armrests Yes
- Hour meter Digital
- Cup holder Yes
- Tire size, front 13x6.5-6'
- Tire size, rear 23x10.5-12'
- Wheelbase 52 '
- Base machine, length 82.5 inch
- Base machine, width (chute down) 68 inch
- Base machine, width (chute up) 55.5 inch
- Base machine, height (ROPS down) 47.5 inch
- Base machine, height (ROPS up) 72 inch
- Weight 1260 lbs
- Productivity 5.2 acres/hr
- Commercial Warranty 3 Year Limited - Limited Lifetime Frame, Spindle Housing, Leading Deck Edge