DST - Model Micro - TD - Small Temperature and Depth Data Storage Tag
The DST micro-TD is Star-Oddi's smallest data logger that records temperature and pressure (depth). Recorded data is stored in the logger‘s internal memory with a real time reference for each measurement. The archival tag is based on ultra small microelectronics and microprocessor. The DST micro-TD is supported by the SeaStar software and the Communication Box which serves as an interface between the logger and a PC. Communication between the logger and the Communication Box is wireless.
In the software, the user sets the start time, start date and sampling interval before starting the recorder. Up to seven different intervals can be set for the same measurement sequence. This is especially useful when more frequent measurements are needed at a certain time period.
With default programming temperature and pressure are recorded as pairs. Optionally, they can be set as primary and secondary parameters with different sampling frequency. That way memory partitioning can be customized according to individual preferences.
After recovering the DST recorded data is uploaded in the supporting software where results are displayed both in graphic and tabular form. After retrieving the data, the DST can be re-programmed and reused as long as the battery lasts.
A set of Communication Box and SeaStar software needs to be purchased with the first order.
DST micro-TD is designed as a small archival tag for for fish and marine animal tagging, providing valuable scientific data on the specie being studied. The small sized DST enables fish biologists to tag smaller species and smolts that little information exist on. DST micro-TD is also used as a stand-alone logger in situations where it can be fit into tight spaces for sampling.
DST micro-TD is suitable for use within e.g.:
- Fish and marine animal tagging (internally or externally)
- Marine biology
- Agricultural and cattle research projects
- Temperature and pressure measurement in liquids, vials etc.
- Pharmaceutical research studies
- Any other field where temperature and pressure recording is required
- Suitable for tagging smolts and small fish or marine animals
- Can fit into small containers or vessels for sampling underwater
- Custom defined text printed on housings for recapture purposes
- Dimensions only 25.4 mm x 8.3 mm
- Long battery life in a small tag, typically 28 months