DST - Model Milli-TD - Mini Pressure (depth) and Temperature Logger
The DST milli-TD is a mini pressure (depth) and temperature data logger. Recorded data is stored in the logger‘s internal memory with a real time clock reference for each measurement. The autonomous depth temperature recording device is supported by SeaStar and Mercury softwares and the Communication Box which serves as an interface between the logger and a PC. Communication between the logger and the Communication Box is wireless.
In the software, the user sets the start time, start date and sampling interval before starting the recorder. Up to seven different intervals can be set for the same measurement sequence. This is especially useful when more frequent measurements are needed at a certain time period.
With default programming temperature and pressure are recorded as pairs. Optionally, they can be set as primary and secondary parameters with different sampling frequency. That way memory partitioning can be customized according to individual preferences.
After recovering the DST recorded data is uploaded in the supporting software where results are displayed both in graphic and tabular form. After retrieving the data, the DST can be re-programmed and reused as long as the battery lasts.
A set of Communication Box and SeaStar (or Mercury) software needs to be purchased with the first order.
Star-Oddi offers protective logger housings for use as a stand-alone logger at fixed locations or in harsh environments.
All DST milli types are available with an extended memory capacity of either 698,708 or 1,398,100 measurements in total (DST milli-F, with FLASH memory). Total memory is dividided between the two sensors temperature and depth (pressure). Please note that the FLASH memory consumes a little more energy from the batteries.
Temperature calibration outside standard range
Temperature calibration outside standard ranges is available upon request for all loggers.
DST milli-TD is designed as an archival tag for for fish and marine animal tagging, providing information on the animals behavior. The DST milli-TD is widely used as a stand-alone logger for sampling underwater and on land. The DST can be fastened to fishing gear or other underwater equipment, collecting valuable data.
The DST milli-TD is suitable for use within e.g.:
- Fish and marine animal tagging (internally or externally)
- Fishing gear studies
- Marine biology
- Agricultural and cattle research projects
- Ecosystems research
- Temperature and pressure measurement in liquids, vials etc.
- Pharmaceutical research studies
- Any other field where temperature and pressure recording is required
- Ideal for use in underwater environments and animal tagging for behavioral studies
- Accurate depth measurements in a small logger, better than +/-0.4% full scale
- Small dimensions of 39.4 mm x 13 mm
- Memory up to 1,4 million measurements in total
- Long battery life, typically 3 years
- Optional plastic protective housing and tag holder kits available, depending on the application