EBS - Model 10000 - Automatic Filters
The Amiad EBS Series are automatic filters, with an electric self-cleaning mechanism. The 'EBS' filters range in flow-rates of up to 7200 m³/h (32000 US gpm), with screens designed ranging from 800-10 micron filtration degree. Inlet/Outlet flanges are available from 8'-36' diameter.
Raw water enters from the filter inlet (1) and passes through the screen (2). Clean water flows through the filter outlet (3). The gradual dirt buildup on the inner screen surface causes a filter cake to develop, with a corresponding increase in the pressure differential across the screen. A pressure differential switch (4) senses the pressure differential and when it reaches a pre-set value, the cleaning process begins.
Cleaning of the filter is carried out by the suction scanner (5) which spirals across the screen, the open exhaust valves creates a high velocity suction stream at the nozzle tip which 'vacuums' the filter cake from the screen. During the self-cleaning process, which takes approximately 30 seconds, filtered water continues to flow downstream.
The 'EBS' operation and cleaning cycle is controlled and monitored by a Programmable Logic Control (PLC).
The PLC allows maximum flexibility in control options and has many features that can be incorporated per customer's needs. During the self-cleaning cycle the PLC controls a solenoid that operates the exhaust valve by means of a hydraulic command or compressed air.
The self-cleaning cycle begins under any one of the following conditions:
- Receiving a signal from the Pressure Differential Switch
- Time interval parameter set at the control board
- Manual Start
- Optional continuous flush mode
- Flush cycles counter
- Alarm output - may be used to open a bypass, shut-off a pump, etc.
Amiad's 'EBS' product-line consists of the following models:
- EBS-10000 for up to 1200 m³/h (5300 US gpm)
- EBS-15000 for up to 1800 m³/h (8000 US gpm)
- Mega EBS 40000 which consists of four EBS-10000 screen elements for up to 4800 m³/h (21100 US gpm)
- Mega EBS 60000 which consists of four EBS-15000 screen elements for up to 7200 m³/h (32000 US gpm)
- Large filtration area, reliable operating mechanism and simple construction make the EBS filter the ideal solution for filtration of high-flow and poor quality water to very fine filtration degrees
- Automatic flushing according to pressure differential and/or according to time
- No interruption of downstream flow during flushing
- Robust and reliable self-cleaning mechanism even on marginal operation conditions
- Minimal volume of reject water allows excellent operation during flush mode
- Applications: Water supply systems, Irrigation systems, Cooling Water, Waste Water Treatment, Industrial Pre-Filtration, etc.
- Industries: manufacturing, mining, water and waste water treatment plants,
turf and agriculture, etc.
Minimum flow for flushing
(at 2 bar - 30 psi) 50 m3/h (220 US gpm)
Reject water volume per flush cycle 420 liter (111 US gallon)
Flushing cycle time 30 seconds
Exhaust valve 3” 80 mm
Flushing criteria Differential pressure, time intervals and manual operation
Filter area 10000 cm² (1500 in²)
Screen types Four-layer Weave Wire stainless steel 316L
Filter housing and lid Epoxy or Polyester coated carbon steel 37-2
Cleaning mechanism Stainless steel 316L, Acetal
Exhaust valve Epoxy-coated cast iron, Natural rubber
Seals Synthetic rubber, Teflon
Control Aluminum, Brass, Stainless steel, PVC, Nylon
* Amiad offers a variety of construction materials and screens. Please consult us for specifications.
Control and Electricity
Rated operation voltage 3 phase, 220/380/440 VAC 50/60 Hz
Electric motor 20 / 24 Gear output RPM ½ HP
Current consumption 1.5 Amp
Control voltage 24 VAC