EB - Silos
EB were the first in the UK to develop the production of silos in GRP (glass reinforced plastic) and have continued to lead the field ever since, developing unique processes to produce the only UK GRP silo, which are of one piece construction, totally seamless, totally watertight. Continuing investment and research has resulted in one of the most advanced silo and tank production facilities across Europe.
Manufactured from EB’s blended polyester resin, the silos have the following advantages:
- Single piece cone & body
- No seams, joints or bolted sections
- Corrosion resistant for long life
- UV stabilized GRP material to protect contents and silo
- Semi-transparent GRP allowing contents level to be checked
- Smooth interior for constant flow of feed
- 60º Cone angle as standard
- Superior thermal insulation values compared with steel resulting in lower risk of condensation
- All steel work hot dipped galvanized
- 101.6mm diameter fill pipe c/w long radius bends allowing smooth easy filling of silo with minimum product damage
- 160mm ventilation pipe maintains internal ambient temperature
- Universal 440mm diameter outlet as standard
EB have a standard production range but can manufacture storage vessels to customer’s specific requirements.
Standard options include: Side mounted inspection hatch, side mounted valve (VOC), stainless steel bagging off valve, extended fill pipes, and external pigmentation are just a few of those available.
Today a GRP silo or tank is not only an alternative but also the 'first' choice in storage.