EcoSack paper sacks are a strong choice for all garden waste. The sacks are moisture and puncture resistant making them sturdy enough to withstand the rigours of a kerbside collection.
- The paper sacks are guaranteed 100% biodegradeable
- All sacks have the OK Compost and Din Certco Certification
- Due to the wide “block bottom” the sacks sit squarely on the ground for ease of filling
- A thumb notch enables the sacks to be easily opened even when wearing thick garden gloves
- Paper sacks are resistant to ripping and tearing by thorns etc.
- Paper presents a sound environmental image which any form of “plastic” fails to do
- Printing on the sacks can be clear, informative and promotional
Local Authorities and waste management organisations throughout the UK have recognized the great benefit of using paper sacks. One of these, East Cambridgeshire District Council, has been using EcoSack’s 75 litre sack in its fortnightly compostables kerbside collection for about three years. Gerald Tickner, client officer said: “We have had no problems with the garden waste sacks and our composters, Donarbon of Waterbeach, have had no problems either. The garden waste paper sacks just break down along with their contents.”
Donarbon General Manager Jim Edmeades comment: “We do not take plastic sacks, preferring instead to use sacks like those produced by Ecosack. The plastic sacks contaminate the green waste when shredded and the small pieces of plastic will not break down in our composting process.”
- 2 plies of semi-extensible paper with full wet strength
- Standard size: 600 x 800 x 250 mm (w x h x b)
- Standard bundle quantity of 25 sacks
- Other sack sizes, paper specification and bundle quantities are available