EnviroDEFENSE PurPond Aquaculture is designed for use in fish and prawn ponds, lakes and lagoons where organic odors and organic accumulations are a problem. Contains naturally occurring bacteria and enzymes, which have been selected and produced for their ability to break down organic matter and reduce ammonia accumulations through a natural oxidative process. EnviroDEFENSE PurPond Aquaculture digests these organics naturally and safely and keeps pond water fresh and disease free.
- Reduces Fish Disease By Removing Contaminants
- Greatly Reduces Labor Time
- Degrades A High Concentration of Waste
Product Specifications: In addition to 4 strains of bacteria (Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus polymyxa and Bacillus megaterium), EnviroDEFENSE PurPond Aquaculture contains the following enzymes for rapid degradation of waste:
- Protease: Digestion of Protein
- Amylase: Digestion of Starch
- Cellulase: Digestion of Cellulosic Particles
- Lipase: Digestion of Fats & Oils
EnviroDEFENSE Purpond Aquaculture contains a minimum of 4 Billion CFU/gram.
- For Routine Treatment: Apply 1/2 lb. (227 g) for every 5000 m3 of water every week.
- For Severely High Level of Accumulations: Apply 1 lb. (454 g) for every 5000 m3 of water.
- Lake Management Application: Apply 4 lbs. (1.8 2kg) per acre every 2 weeks to maintain water clarity and remove odor.
- Instructions: With the aerators operating, apply EnviroDEFENSE PurPond Aquaculture around the aerators for quick dispersal. Conditions from pond to pond vary, but as a general rule EnviroDEFENSE PurPond Aquaculture should not be applied when the prawns or fish are not in good health or are being treated with medication.
Parameters: For biology to work properly in the pond, certain water conditions must exist:
- Optimum time of use should be: 9 – 10 a.m.
- pH of the water maintained between 5.5 & 9.5.
- Temperature of the water above 10°C (50°F).
- Dissolved oxygen levels must be above 3 ppm.
- Water must be free of chlorine/chemicals that will kill beneficial bacteria.
Option: Item Number
- Dry Bulk with Measuring Scoop: ED016
- Water Soluble Bags: ED017