ESI Gro-Point - Model GP-FC - Frost Controller
Gro·Point Frost Controller (GP-FC) – Using the Gro·Point Frost Controller with an existing frost protection system will permit pump start based on the current temperature conditions. This results in lower risks to the crop, without human intervention. With Gro·Point GP-FC, when the temperature reaches a user-selected threshold, a contact closure signal will be sent to the pump immediately. This threshold can be adjusted precisely within the usual range of frost condition, for best efficiency. System requirement: one thermistor, one GP-FC, power and wiring to the pump start. Several frost controllers can be wired to the same pump and the first to reach the temperature threshold will turn on the pump.
The Gro-Point family of products provides growers, landscapers, homeowners, farmers and Tiaintenance staff with an user friendly data gathering system that can significantly enhance precision frost protection and irrigation practices. The following product overview identifies the various components available to either get started or develop a complete smart irrigation system based on the soil moisture conditions. This will ensure optimal growing conditions for your plants or green space using the least amount of water possible.
- Input: 6-18 VDC, less than 25mA, can run a long time off of a car battery
- Temperature Sensor: Accuracy: ± 0.7°F, Resolution: ± 0.7°F.
- Measurement Range: 0.1°F to 99.8°F
- Alarm Threshold Range: 5°F to 50°F
- Sampling Frequency: Approximately once per 15 seconds
- Internal Relay Specifications: 1A maximum, 24VDC/24VAC (24W/24VA Max Switching Power)
- Dimensions: 4.5” x 2.5” x 2.5” (11.4cm x 6.4cm x 6.4cm)
- Dimensions with connectors: 5.25” x 3.5” x 2.5” (13.3cm x 8.9cm x 6.4cm)
- Weight: 0.8lbs (363 grams)
- Reacts immediately tair temperature changes
- Triggers irrigation controllers or valves