Extru-Tech - Multi-Color/Multi-Shape Die System
Competitive market pressures require continual innovations in production technology to maintain an edge over the competition. The Multi-Color/Multi-Shape Die System from Extru-Tech, Inc. is designed to provide immediate return on investment and provide a technical advantage the competition simply can’t match using existing technology. The Multi-Color/Multi-Shape Die System (U.S Patent No. 6719448) is exclusive technology engineered specifically for single screw cooking extruders. The revolutionary design of the die assembly allows the production of multiple colors and multiple shapes simultaneously.
Multiple colors and multiple shapes - simultaneously
- The ability to run multiple colors in a single production run completely eliminates the need to stop mid-run to clean up and change die color.
- Running multiple shapes in the same production run eliminates mid-run die changes.
- Multi-Color heads can be completely removed from the extruder barrel in 10-15 minutes, the extruder can be restarted running single-color, dry kibble full capacity immediately, minimizing switch over downtime.
- The Multi-Color/Multi-Shape system eliminates the costly expense of blending and batching multiple runs to attain the desired finished product color and shape combination.
- The die system is available in 2-, 3-, and 4-color and shape configurations and can produce marbled and bi-color product in both dry and soft-moist.
- All systems are designed to use one die plate and cutter head assembly.
- Liquid dye is injected into the die assembly through high-pressure metering pumps that ensure the highest quality finished product.
- Specific carriers can be used to alter the texture of individual components of a product collection.