Falling Film Evaporator
Triowin‘s falling film evaporators are specially designed to obtain high quality concentrated milk, whey, juice, pharmaceutical liquids and other heat sensitive materials. The evaporator operates under vacuum and low temperature, which is the key factor in maintaining the organoleptic properties of the processed products. The multiple effects design allows energy savings thus reducing operating costs. In falling film evaporators, liquid and vapors flow downwards in parallel flow. The liquid to be concentrated is preheated to boiling temperature. An even thin film enters the heating tubes via a distribution device in the head of the evaporator, flows downward at boiling temperature, and is partially evaporated. This gravity-induced downward movement is increasingly augmented by the co-current vapor flow.
1. Adjustable and controllable direct contact heat treatment units.
2. Shortest possible residence time, presence of a thin film along the entire length of the tubes reduces holdup and residence time.
3. Special design of liquid distribution systems to ensure correct tube coverage. The feed enters at the top of the calandria where a distributor ensures film formation on the inside surface of each tube.
4. The vapor flow is co-current to the liquid and the vapor drag improves the heat transfer. The vapor and the remaining liquid are separated in a cyclone separator.
5. Efficient design of separators.
6. Multiple effect arrangement provides steam economy.