Farrowing Portapig Housing System
Farrowing buildings can be supplied as a single unit to accommodate 6-20 crates. Any building can be further divided into separate rooms. For example an 18 crate building can be divided into 3 rooms with 6 crates in each, or a 20 crate building into 2 rooms with 10 crates in each. Single Farrowing buildings are often placed side by side and can be linked by a forward passage giving the same working environment as a large static building. Portapig Duo Farrowing buildings can be supplied in modules of 24/28/32/36 or 40 crates as one complete building and these can be subdivided into 2 or 3 individual rooms.
Portapig Duo Farrowing : 24-40 crates per building
- Plastic slatted flooring supported on non corrosive fibre glass beams with option for cast iron flooring under the farrowing crate pen standard system
- Pen size 2.5 x 1.7m
- 500mm x 35mm silver grey PVC penning with stainless steel supports
- Finrone crate complete with a stainless steel trough, water pipe and nipple with an option of a water valve system c/w split trough for water and feed
- Electric flush fitting heat pads supplied as standard. Normally controlled by a manual controller. Water pads can be offered as an option
- White PVC double-glazed windows half of which are fail-safe. Failsafe windows are operated by cable and winch motor system. This system will automatically open and close the windows when there is a disruption or reconnection in power supply to the house. Added benefit of giving increased ventilation airflow during excessive hot spells during summer.
- Ventilation designed by a cross-flow with air inlets fitted into the gable walls. The inlets are operated by a winch motor and cable and are computer controlled. These inlets will open when the fan speed increases. This gives a greater air volume but maintains a constant air speed.