Model FlightGear - Radio Altimeter Cable Assemblies
The FlightGear Radio Altimeter Cable Assemblies are designed to be impervious to harsh SWAMP environments and the special seal prevents water ingress, eliminating erroneous Rad Alt height indications due to faulty cables. Erroneous Radio Altimeter (Rad Alt) height indications are a frequent nuisance for flight crews and a costly problem for flight operations. More often than not, these spurious warnings are due to water ingress into the Rad Alt coax cables and/or Rad Alt antenna itself. The typical maintenance procedure to correct this problem has been to replace the antennas or the antenna cables every time a fault occurs!
To address this issue, CarlisleIT has developed the FlightGear Rad Alt Cable Assemblies that are designed and proven to withstand the constant pressurization cycles and the harsh SWAMP (Severe Weather and Moisture Prone) environment of the aircraft belly. The FlightGear Rad Alt Cable Assemblies help to greatly reduce or eliminate the costly problems and aircraft maintenance associated with radio altimeters and water ingression frequently occurring in other standard coax cable assemblies.
- Robust design and construction
- Special seals prevent water ingress into the cable and connector
- Compatible with OEM and Airframe requirements
- Available for multiple airframes
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Airworthiness Approved
- In-house engineering and certification services
- 6,000+ submerged pressurization life-cycles
- Flammability per 14CFR Part 25.869
- Vibration, Shock, Thermal Shock, Corrosion and Moisture Resistance per Mil-Std-202