REDO®food, a specially designed unit for the food industry, offers a perfect solution for the catering, food and beverage industry with the typical REDO technical characteristics
- Rapid and long-term water and surface disinfection
- Low operating cost
- No hazardous potential
Besides unrestricted food compatibility, the outstanding efficiency and environmental compatibility of the REDO technology creates a substantial advantage in modern production environments.
In many cases, the superior effectiveness and the food compatibility enable to eliminate a complete process step in the production cycle, thereby increasing speed and decreasing cost of production.
The REDO water treatment and disinfection method is also ideal for the producing and processing of “bio” food and beverages – without the addition of chemical additives.
REDO treatment effectively kills germs, including salmonella and campylobacter, immediately at the time of treatment. Additionally, it prevents later recontamination for some time. Food safety is increased dramatically.
REDO installations are used to produce on site and freshly different kinds and mixes of chemicals for us in the different applications in a poultry processing plant:
- For normal surface cleaning and for disinfection of greasy surfaces, a solution with sodium hydroxide and hydrogen peroxide will be produced.
- For hygiene reasons, REDO recommends the use disinfected water, with a residual disinfecting depot effect, for all water and all process steps from cleaning the carcass via sculding and defeathering to evisceration and chilling. This requires a specialized mix of oxidants, also produced on site.
- For the treatment of the final meat products, an immersion bath in REDO disinfection solution, e.g. in the chiller water, is particularly recommended to increase shelf life and avoid bacterial contamination.
- However, unlike with chlorinated chiller water as used in some other plants, harmful concentrations of chlorination byproducts are effectively avoided because of the special mix of REDO disinfectants.