TOMRA - Model Halo - Food Sorting Equipment
The Halo is a sensor based optical food sorting solution for many fruits and vegetables. The Halo is a high-performance machine sorting on size and quality, thus ensuring and improving food safety.
- High capacity and low maintenance food sorting machine
- Flexible food sorting machine with gentle handling assured
- Quality control and feedback accessible through intuitive touch screen
- Consistent long life accuracy
The Halo uses top and bottom sensor banks to view each object ‘in flight’ using a combination of LED, CCD camera and NIR to perform targeted spectroscopy with 1 mm precision. This advanced sorting system views and analyses visible attributes such as colour, shape, blemish, foreign material, as well as ‘invisible’ defects to the product composition.
Gentle product handling is assured by design; the first sort produce gently passes through the sorting machine while the second and third grade are redirected into individual streams by intelligent finger ejectors with precision and accuracy.
- Significant labor reduction, as high as 80 %
- Increased throughput, up to 25 %
- Faster packaging
- Increased yield, up to 4 %
- Low operational costs
- Improved product quality
The Halo can sort multiple food applications by the following sorting criteria:
- Detailed size/geometry
- Subtle blemishes
- Detailed shape
- Subtle color
- Foreign material
- Subtle defect