TOMRA - Model Blizzard - Food Sorting Machine
The Blizzard free fall pulsed LED camera sorting machine is the most ideal and cost effective optical food sorting machine for the IQF (frozen) vegetable and fruit processing industry.
The Blizzard provides continuous food inspection to ensure food safety and customer satisfaction at all times by removing unwanted foreign material, discoloration and misshapen product, with maximum yield.
- Innovative optical setup
- Compact and sanitary design
- Intuitive graphical user interface
The Blizzard is a cost-effective alternative to TOMRA’s Helius and Nimbus sorters. It is a small footprint free-fall food sorting machine that easily fits in processing lines and is specifically designed to optimally fit the output of IQF tunnels or packaging lines.
Pulsed LEDs with different wavelengths and specifically designed sensors ensure a reliable detection of colour, shape and structural differences. This modular sorter can be designed according your specific needs. State-of-the-art air ejectors reject unwanted material with millisecond precision, allowing the good product to continue for further processing.
The small pitch system ensures an efficient removal of all defects at high capacity, providing a high quality end product while reducing labor costs and good product loss in order to increase yield.
- Increased uptime, quality & yield
- Ambient substraction: no influence of external/environmental light
- Active background: also dark objects can be detected
- High capacity
- Low maintenance
- Designed to fit the output of IQF tunnels and packaging lines
The Blizzard can sort multiple food applications according to the following sorting parameters:
- Detailed size/ geometry
- Detailed shape
- Subtle defects
- Biological characteristics
- Foreign material (including glass & transparant foil)
- Capacity: 4 - 6 tons/hr
- Dimensions (L x W x H, mm): 2,932 x 2,161 x 1,996 mm (115.4 x 85.1 x 78.6')
- Infeed belt width: 1,905 mm (75')
- Air pressure input: 6 - 10 bar
- Electrical consumption: 1ph: 1.5 kVA + 3ph: 3.4 kVA