Freezer/Mill - Model 6775 - Cryogenic Grinder
The 6775 Freezer/Mill® is a small cryogenic mill that is perfrect for grinding small samples in the range of 0.1 – 5 grams. It is specifically designed to cryogenically grind tough and/or temperature sensitive samples. The mill cools samples to cryogenic temperatures, then pulverizes them by magnetically shuttling a steel impactor back and forth against two stationary end-plugs. Since the vial is closed, the integrity of its contents is maintained, hazardous or critical samples are easily controlled, cleanup is simplified and cross-sample contamination is eliminated.
The new high resolution display is user-friendly and includes the following features:
- Run history which is uploadable to a thumb drive via USB
- Training videos and manuals that can be viewed on the screen.
- A complete listing of accessories
Applications include: DNA/RNA extraction, THC extraction, protein extraction, forensic testing, materials testing, pharmaceutical analysis, drug testing, RoHS/WEEE and volatiles extraction.
Typical samples include: Animal tissue, plastic and polymers, yeast, pharmaceuticals, food products, electronic components, textiles, hair, teeth, bones, plant tissue such as cannabis, seeds, leaves and roots.
- Insulated liquid nitrogen tub is equipped with LN level sensor.
- Lid safety interlock for operator protection.
- Grinding Vial Sets offered in a variety of materials including polycarbonate, stainless steel, and Cr-free steel.
Grinding chamber holds one small grinding vial or one microvial set.
Touch screen stores up to 20 user-defined grinding programs for easy quick recall. Also includes run history, training videos, manuals and accessories.
- Dimensions 19 in (48cm) x 10.5 in (27cm) x 12.75 in (32cm)
- Voltage 115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz
- Net Weight (lbs) 18.9 lbs (8.6kg)
- Gross Weight (lbs) 26 lbs (11.8kg)
- Power Cord 3-prong grounded plug, 115V 60Hz or 2-prong European plug, 230V50Hz
- Timer/Controls Touch-screen programmable controls for grinding cycles, time, impact rate, pre-cooling and cooling times. Stores 20 grinding programs.
- CE Approved Yes