Freezer/Mill - Model 6770 Series - Our Small Cryogenic Mill
The 6770 Freezer/Mill® is a small cryogenic mill that accommodates sample sizes ranging from 0.1 - 5 grams. It is specifically designed for cryogenic grinding and pulverizing of tough and/or temperature sensitive samples immersed in liquid nitrogen. CE Approved.
Applications include: DNA/RNA extraction, THC extraction, protein extraction, forensic testing, materials testing, pharmaceutical analysis, drug testing, RoHS/WEEE and volatiles extraction.
Typical samples include: Animal tissue, plastic and polymers, yeast, pharmaceuticals, food products, electronic components, textiles, hair, teeth, bones, plant tissue such as cannabis, seeds, leaves and roots.
- Grinding chamber holds one microvial set and one small grinding vial.
- Equipped with liquid nitrogen sensor, insulated case and lid safety interlock switch for operator protection.
- Grinding Vial Sets offered in a variety of materials including polycarbonate, stainless steel, and Cr-free steel.
- Grinds samples in the 0.1 - 5 gram range.
- Liquid nitrogen required for operation.
- Magnetically driven sample impactor is the only moving part so there are no mechanical linkages or bearings to fail.
- Pre-cooling chamber holds up to three additional grinding vials for high-throughput sample processing.
- Programmable parameters include grinding time, impactor rate, pre-cooling and cooling times.
- Touch screen stores up to 10 user-defined grinding programs for easy quick recall.
- Closed grinding vials eliminate sample cross-contamination, retain volatiles, control hazardous or critical samples, and simplify clean-up.