Freezer/Mill - Model 6875D - Dual Chamber Cryogenic Grinder
The 6875D Freezer/Mill® is a high-throughput, dual chamber cryogenic grinder with a self-contained liquid nitrogen tub and insulated case. It is specifically designed for cryogenic grinding of tough and/or temperature sensitive samples. The mill cools samples to cryogenic temperatures, then pulverizes them by magnetically shuttling a steel impactor back and forth against two stationary end-plugs. Since the vial is closed, the integrity of its contents is maintained, hazardous or critical samples are easily controlled, cleanup is simplified and cross-sample contamination is eliminated.
The new high resolution display is user-friendly and includes the following features:
- Run history which is uploadable to a thumb drive via USB
- Training videos and manuals that can be viewed on the screen.
- A complete listing of accessories
Applications include: DNA/RNA extraction, THC extraction, protein extraction, forensic testing, materials testing, pharmaceutical analysis, drug testing, RoHS/WEEE and volatiles extraction.
Typical samples include: Animal tissue, plastic and polymers, yeast, pharmaceuticals, food products, electronic components, textiles, hair, teeth, bones, plant tissue such as cannabis, seeds, leaves and roots.
- Magnetically driven impactor is the only moving part so there are no mechanical linkages or bearings to fail.
- Auto-Fill System available for automated filling with liquid nitrogen.
- Liquid nitrogen required for operation. Equipped with liquid nitrogen level sensor, insulated case and lid safety interlock switch for operator protection.
- Grinding Vial Sets offered in a variety of materials including polycarbonate, stainless steel, and Cr-free steel.
- Grinds samples in the 0.1-200 gram range. Each grinding chamber can hold one large grinding vial, one mid-size vial, four standard grinding vials or four microvial sets.
- Touch screen stores up to 20 user-defined grinding programs for easy quick recall. Also includes run history, training videos, manuals and accessories.
- Dimensions 20 in. (50.8 cm) x 21½ in. (53.34 cm) x 25½ in. (64.77 cm)
- Voltage 115V/60HZ or 230/50HZ
- Weight 78 lbs. (35.38 Kg)
- Power Cord 3-prong grounded plug, 115V 60Hz or 2-prong European plug, 230V / 50Hz
- Timer/Controls Touch-screen programmable controls for grinding cycles, time, impact rate, pre-cooling and cooling times. Stores 20 grinding programs.
- CE Approved Yes