Fritsch - Model PULVERISETTE 14 - Variable-Speed Rotor Mill
Ideal for fast, effective comminution of soft to medium-hard, brittle and fibrous materials as well as temperature-sensitive samples and for the use in trace analysis.
Areas of Application
- Soft substances such as plants, wood, roots, leaves, needles, spices, textiles, leather, chemicals, foodstuffs, grains, cellulose, chalk, kaolin, coal, soil (without stones). Medium-hard substances such as drugs, dragées, tablets, fertilisers, pellets, animal feed.
- Temperature-sensitive samples can be comminuted because the fast, effective grinding reduces the thermal load on the grinding material. Difficult-to-mill samples, or extremely temperature-sensitive samples such as styrene, polyester, synthetic resins, films, PVC, PP and PE can be embrittled, with the addition of liquid nitrogen, and then ground to analysis fineness.
- The Variable-Speed Rotor Mill is also suitable for the creation of samples for the chemical analysis of soil samples and for protein and nitrogen analysis of foodstuffs. Furthermore, the Variable-Speed Rotor Mill PULVERISETTE 14 is recommended for sample preparation according to RoHS.
Method of Operation
- A rotor with moulded-on ribs spins at high speed to comminute the sample through collision forces. In addition, the sharp-edged teeth together with the inserted sieve cut the sample through shearing. In the last comminution stage, the sample is subject to friction between the rotor and sieve.
- The motor speed can be varied – rpm in increments of one-thousandth - making it possible to adapt the mill to each specific application. An automatic speed compensation feature ensures an ideal adaptation of the grinding to the specific comminution behaviour of the sample. At the same time reduces the fast, effective grinding significantly the thermal strain on the sample.
- Ensure continuous feeding of the sample during the entire grinding process, even of smallest quantities with the combination of the FRITSCH Vibratory Feeder LABORETTE 24. Due to a direct connection, the mill automatically matches the sample feeding to its load state at any given moment.
- Rapid sample throughput due to high-speed grinding and simple cleaning
- Max. feed size 10 mm, max. throughput 5 l/h
- Final fineness d50 < 40 μm, sieve inserts 0.08 - 6 mm
- Ideal for minimal sample quantities: < 10 ml
- Fast exchange of all grinding parts without tools
- Maintenance-free three-phase motor with regulated rotor speed 6,000 - 20,000 rpm
- Automatic speed regulation for constant milling
- More powerful frequency converter matches motor output to grinding material: faster sample feeding, constant rotational speed and higher throughput
- Ingenious air routing: constant air flow to cool the rotor, motor components and grinding material
- Fast and easy cleaning due to especially smooth surface of stainless steel impact rotors
- Protection against contamination: wear-free labyrinth seal between grinding chamber and drive motor
- Well-designed LED display in ergonomic operating panel: displays speed and motor load, incorrect operations are displayed
- Highly durable low-wear rotor made of stainless steel
- High speed stability even under full load
- Conversion kit for heavy-metal and iron-free grinding
- Microcontroller with integrated function for Vibratory Feeder
As a standard you receive the Variable Speed Rotor Mill PULVERISETTE 14 in the basic configuration with collecting vessel and lid. Impact rotors and sieve rings are offered in various designs and materials and must be ordered as accessories.
- Voltage/connection values : 230-240 V/1~*
- Frequency : 50-60 Hz*
- Input Power : 1200 W*
- Operating principle : Impact force
- Max. feed size: (depends on material) : 10 mm
- Min. sample quantity : < 10 ml
- Max. throughput quantity: (depends on material and sieve size) : 5 l/h
- Final fineness: d50 < 40 µm : sieve inserts 0.08 - 6 mm
- Feeding : Batchwise/continuous
- Grinding tools : Impact rotor, sieve rings, pin insert, impact bar
- Materials of the grinding tools : Stainless steel, pure titanium and TiN-coated
- Rotor speed : 6,000 - 20,000 rpm
- Weight : 23 kg
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) : Bench top instrument 31 x 48 x 47 cm
- *Instrument also available in the following voltage : 100-120 V/1~, 50-60 Hz, 1200 W
- (Order Nr. 14.5010.00)