Transaw 350™ is designed and manufactured by Fuelwood in the UK, its design and features are focused on the demands of UK firewood producers it is uncompromised. Transaw 350 is fitted with a circular saw that has a cutting capacity of 35cm (14 inches), and also has a 15-tonne semi-automatic splitting unit. The machine is operated via a control lever with a trigger to activate the splitting unit, this enables the operator to make a visual check to ensure the log is correctly aligned before splitting.
The log is moved to the cutting position on the hydraulic in-feed conveyor. The log length is set on an adjustable optical beam. When the log breaks this beam the feed conveyor stops and a hydraulic clamp locks the timber. The saw blade then moves through the timber, retracts after cutting and the cut timber is then moved via a tilt and pushing action to the splitting chamber. This action minimises the possibility of the log falling sideways and designed specifically for processing short logs. The multi-splitting knife is adjustable 2/4/6/8-way split this can also be raised fully up if no splitting is required. The finished log length can be quickly adjusted from 6 to 20 inches. The splitting chamber is also equipped with a log ejection mechanism.
The machine is fitted with a 4 or 5 metre out-feed conveyor, which has hydraulic lift and slew features. Both the in-feed and out-feed conveyors fold up for transport. Transaw 350™ is PTO driven, weighs c.2000Kg and requires a tractor of c.50 horsepower. An electric version is also available.
The machine utilises the latest quiet hydraulic drive systems and in particular a hydraulic saw drive, which is quiet in operation and when switched off becomes a brake stopping the saw in a few seconds. The system does not use conventional drive belts ensuring low maintenance and low cost of ownership.
Transaw is specifically designed to process short logs down to 15cm, ALL competition machines designed on the continent are designed to process longer firewood. Shorter firewood is notoriously more difficult to process and features of the Transaw minimise the log twisting when moving from the sawing to the splitting area.
The Transaw has a unique splitting knife which does not require the operator to change knives when splitting different diameter timber the blade splits 2, 4 & 6 ways in the same blade. If you are processing 10” diameter which is splitting nicely into 4 ways and at the butt end the timber flares, with Transaw simply lower the 6 –way splitting knife and instantly return to the 4-way. Does not stop firewood production! No Down Time! No Tools! Quality sized firewood! Happy Customers!
Transaw splitting blade raises completely away so rings can just be sawn and not split, this is needed for customers who process rings through kindling wood machines. No tools are required. Note if you process rings split in half the output from your kindling wood machine will also be half!
Knotty timber does not make good kindling wood, so if you are cutting rings for kindling wood machines and the timber becomes knotty, with Transaw you can simply lower the knife and split the rings, knotty wood makes great firewood!
Transaw will outperform competition machines when cutting UK specification firewood. Transaw is semi-automatic operation, thus giving superior output to manual machines and less operator fatigue.
- Splitting Force 15 tons
- Cutting Capacity Ø 14” (355mm)
- Max log Length 22” (555mm)
- In-feed Conveyor Length 3000mm
- Output Conveyor 4000mm std or 5000mm option
- Conveyor Slew Angle 10°-0-10°
- Splitting Blade 2-4-8 std or 2-4-6 option
- Power requirements 50-hp and 12 volt dc tractor, or
- 3 phase electric 22kw motor
- Hydraulic timber deck connections 1/2” quick release for in-feed rollers and 1/2” quick release for in-feed chains
- Oil Tank volume 130 litres
- Machine Weight 2000 to 2200kgs
- Working - Dimensions 8.5x2.4x3.0m (LxWxH)
- Transport - Dimensions 2.8x2.4x3.3m (LxWxH)
• DESIGNED TO PROCESS SHORT LOGS TO MINIMISE TWISTING LOGS
• Ø14” (355mm) CUTTING CAPACITY
• 15 TON SPLITTING CAPACITY WITH 2 SPEED*
• AUTO TIMBER GRIP with ‘NO GRIP - NO SAW’
• LOGS UP TO 22” LONG*, ½ STROKE FOR SHORT LOGS
• LONG FOLDING 3m IN-FEED CONVEYOR THAT CAN BE MANUALLY LOADED FROM THE FRONT OR USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH A HYDRAULIC POWERED LOG DECK
• FOLDING HYDRAULIC 4 or 5m OUT-FEED CONVEYOR WITH HYDRAULIC LIFT AND SLEW
• ADJUSTABLE MULTI-SPLITTING KNIFE 2-4-6 OR 2-4-8 ALL IN ONE KNIFE NO NEED TO CHANGE KNIFES FOR DIFFERENT DIAMETER TIMBER
• SPLITTING KNIFE HYDRAULICALLY RAISES COMPLETELY SO RINGS DO NOT NEED TO BE SPLIT
• RING EJECTION SYSTEM
• POSITIVE HYDRAULIC DRIVE - NO BELT TO MAINTAIN, LOW MAINTENANCE - QUIET - BRAKED SAWBLADE FOR SAFETY
• PTO DRIVE – 50HP TRACTOR OR 22kw ELECTRIC
• SEPARATE CROSS CUTTING & SPLITTING FUNCTIONS
• COMPACT FOR TRANSPORT
• OPTIONS – ELECTRIC DRIVE & TIMBER DECK
• BRITISH DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE
SAFETY - TYPE APPROVED BY LLOYDS REGISTER