FytoScope - Model FS-SI - Plant Growth Chambers
Step-in FytoScopes FS-SI are plant growth chambers that utilize Light Emiting Diodes (LEDs) as a sole light source. Thus excellent spectral quality with high irradiance is provided for plant physiology applications. Due to versatile construction, these FytoScopes may be used for growing of diverse plants: from Arabidopsis to wheat, corn or rice.
Step-in FytoScopes FS-SI enable the researcher to maintain controlled growing conditions of temperature and humidity with independent selection of photoperiods. Multifaceted programming options enable researchers to simulate natural conditions. Controlled parameters are: temperature, humidity and illumination with independent selection of photoperiods. A full range of 'day/night' cycles with 'dawn/dusk' and 'cloudy sky' effects can be programmed. In addition, incorporated Fluorescence Module (as an option) enables continuous measuring of basic fluorescence parameters in grown plants.
For user convenience both actual inside conditions and target values for temperature, lighting and relative humidity are permanently displayed on the touch screen controller, which is conveniently situated on the front side of the FytoScope. The controller allows a wide range of user programmable options to be selected. Temperature, humidity or day/night timing can be set at the touch of a button. Displayed is also graphical representation of conditions inside the FytoScope. All data can be downloaded to a PC via the USB cable.
- Lighting: adjustable in intensity (from 0 % to 100 %), timing, modulation, and diurnal cycling
- Temperature: maximum +40 °C; minimum +10 °C (lights ON, ambient room temperature up to 35 °C); optionally minimum down to 0 °C
- Relative humidity adjustable from 40 % to 80 % (independent on light intensity)
- LED technology with minimum undesired plant heating
- White LED illumination with supplementary FAR LEDs for excellent plant growth
- PAR up to 1,000 μmol(photon).m-2.s-1 at the distance of 50 cm (higher intensity as an option)
- Rapid modulation of irradiance simulating light flecks as well as precise adjustment of the light intensity in the range of 1 to 100 %
- Homogeneous illumination over the whole cultivation area of 0.8 m2 (model FS-SI 3400) respectively 1.2 m2 (model FS-SI 4400) - additional growing space at the bottom
- Adjustable shelving
- Step-in unit with inside capacity of 3400 l (model FS-SI 3400); 4400 l (model FS-SI 4400) - other volumes on request
- For extra protection of investigated plants, the Fytoscope features both hardware and software protection against undesired overheating of the inside environment
- Incorporated measuring of chlorophyll fluorescence (optional)