Model G115 - Farm Bins
From Grain Storage
All the features of Chief's largest commercial bins in sizes ideal for the farm!. Chief stiffened bins from Chief Agri/Industrial have long been used as an integral component of commercial grain management systems. Now, they are available in sizes ideal for use on farms, offering all the features that have created the Chief reputation for superior strength, durability and ease of installation.
Available in diameters of 15'6' (4.7m) to 49'6' (15.1m) and overall heights of 19' 2' (5.84m) to 82'3' (25.07m), there's a Chief stiffened or unstiffened bin to fit the needs of any farm operation.
Chief Sidewall Packages are Built to LastCorrugated Steel Sidewalls
- Sidewalls are created from high quality 20 through 8 gauge galvanized steel with tensile strength up to 70 ksi (448 mpa).
- 4.714' (11.97 cm) peak to peak corrugation of sidewalls is 3/4' (1.905 cm) wider than those of the closest competition, reducing the chance for material to collect on the inner walls.
Chief 'W' Stiffeners Lead the Competition in Strength
Designed to provide supplemental strength to the bin walls, the exterior 'W' configured stiffeners can bear almost twice the weight as the closest competing stiffeners.
A plate to plate connecting system fuses the stiffener lengths and positively transfers the weight bearing load down the stiffener column.
Anchor System Provides a Solid Base
By firmly anchoring the stiffeners and sidewalls solidly to the foundation, Chief stiffened and unstiffened farm bins provide strong resistance to lateral movement and uplift.
Standard G115 Galvanized Coating Offers Superior Corrosion Resistance
G115 (350 g/m2) galvanized coating is used on all roof panels, sidewall sheets, and stiffeners, providing over 25% more protection than the G90 (275 g/m2) industry standard.
JS 500 coating is used on all hardware, providing superior protection when compared to standard zinc coating.
Zinc coated 1/2' (1.27 cm) and 7/16' (1.11) cm) grade 8 bolts with serrated flange nuts are used to provide maximum strength.
Superior Roof DesignChief V-Rib Roof
Chief's enhanced roof structure features one of the strongest designs in the industry. All grain bins through 37' 1' (11.30m) diameter eave incorporate a 2-1/2' (6.35cm) rib depth. Bins from 42' 0' (12.80m) diameter through 49' 6' (15.08m) diameter have a full 4' (10.16cm) rib depth.
The Chief roof system incorporates over 30% more roof ribs than leading competitors for a stronger roof.
Fill hole diameters are now wider for easier grain filling. The peak roof opening for bins up through 37' (11.27m) diameter is a generous 40' (101.6cm). The opening for bins with a 39' (11.88m) to 50' (15.24m) diameter is a whopping 5' (1.52m)!
Chief J-Rib Roof
Chief interlocking J-Rib roof is offered as an unstructured or structured design to meet your peak load requirements.
Roof panels are of high quality galvanized steel with a 2.5' (6.35 cm) interlocking J-Rib design for outstanding strength and reduce construction time.
Convenient Door Access OptionsStandard Easy Access Doors
Chief bins have a two-piece portal frame door with an easy latch system to provide unobstructed entry without requiring the removal of cross ties, tie rods or tie bars.
The door frames are hot dip galvanized for superior corrosion resistance.
Optional Convenient Walk-Through Doors
The large 26' x 62' (66cm x 157cm) obstruction free opening provides easy entry without fear of catching on brackets or hooks.
Located on the inside and outside door panels, the easy latch system allows entry without the need for any tools.
A lockable outside cover secures the contents and protects against unauthorized entry.
Through strategic partnerships and strong vendor relationships, Chief Agri/Industrial can source and supply a variety of products to complete your project.
- Models CB/CBU 5 - 15' 6' (4.7 m) Diameter
- Models CB/CBU 6 - 18' 7' (5.7 m) Diameter
- Models CB/CBU 7 - 21' 8' (6.6 m) Diameter
- Models CBUE 8 - 24' (7.3 m) Diameter
- Models CB/CBU 8 - 24' 9' (7.5 m) Diameter
- Models CBUE 9 - 27' (8.2 m) Diameter
- Models CB/CBU 9 - 27' 10' (8.5 m) Diameter
- Models CBUE 10 - 30' (9.1 m) Diameter
- Models CB/CBU 10 - 30' 11' (9.4 m) Diameter
- Models CB/CBU 11 - 34' (10.4 m) Diameter
- Models CBUE 12 - 36' (11 m) Diameter
- Models CB/CBU 12 - 37' 1' (11.3 m) Diameter
- Models CBUE 14 - 42' (12.8 m) Diameter
- Models CB/CBU 14 - 43' 4' (13.2 m) Diameter
- Models CBUE 16 - 48' (14.6 m) Diameter
- Models CB/CBU 16 - 49' 6' (15.1 m) Diameter