GaBi - Model Extension Database XX - Food & Feed - LCA Database
From GaBi Databases
thinkstep’s Food & Feed Database helps the industry to improve their sustainability performance to reduce global Greenhouse Gas emissions and other impacts that stem from the production of food.
The database includes 422 processes and 11 plans representing the most commonly used food and feed products in different geographical regions:
- Crops and animals, e.g. corn, tapioca, rapeseeds, beef, sheep
- Manufacturing of food products (incl. dairy, starch, and grain mill products, sugar, meat, chocolate, animal feed, vegetable and animal oils, etc.) and by-products
- European production and import mixes for major commodities like sugar beet, rapeseed, corn, soybeans and wheat
- Different allocations
- Direct land use change information following the approach “weighted average” as required for the ENVIFOOD protocol for complete GHG calculations.
- From field to fork: Analyse and improve your supply chain
- Available now! Be ready for PEF.
- Complete - includes fruits, vegetables, dairy and food processing.
- Deep agricultural expertise - based on long standing sector expertise which delivers robust LCA results.
- Compliance with ENVIFOOD protocol to be prepared for future standards and usage in PEF pilot projects.
- Continuously adapting – ongoing addition of new datasets, to help you maintain your competitive edge.
- Consistent with other GaBi datasets and databases which enable you to deliver more reliable, credible LCA results consistently.