Gasolec - Model IPL - Light System
From Monochromatic Light
The Gasolec IPL Light System is known as the Intelligent Poultry Light System as it is based on electronic adapters with build in intelligence and it is available since 2010. The IPL system is out of the delivery program, in its place there is the OrionLED 14W System! Contact Gasolec B.V. for IPL parts and/or other items that are still available!
The IPL Light System today uses mainly 11W IPL lamps, producing:
- RED > 610-630nm -> 650 lumen (± 65W incandescent)
- GREEN > 540-550nm -> 1200 lumen (± 100W incandescent)
- BLUE > 430-470nm -> 300 lumen (± 25W Incandescent)
- WHITE > Whole spectrum -> 900 Lumen (± 75W Incandescent)
An IPL Light System can be dimmed from 100 till 5% measured with a certified light measuring system when using an LP491 Electronic Dimmer. The LP491 IPL Dimmer comes with a display and it has an integrated Watchdog program. This program controls both the incoming and the outgoing current and if something isn’t right it will try to adjust the outgoing current to what it supposed to be. If this is not possible this dimmer will disconnect the power supply to the IPL Lamps.
(*) = Standard some blind current compensation is built into the Orion Dimmer LP600
In practice we find that the IPL Light System has many advantages but we have to admit that the IPL System with its electronics in the adapter is much more sensitive than the Orion System.
Most frequent demonstrated advantages:
- Improved uniformity of the birds
- Reduction of stress
- Reduced waste of drinking water
- Improved Feed Conversion Rate
- Less mortality
- Reduction of cannibalism
- Tremendous savings on electricity consumption