Geoweb - Cellular Confinement System Channel Protection
The Geoweb channel protection system provides a wide variety of flexible protection treatments for open channels and hydraulic structures.
The system provides stability and protection for channels exposed to erosive conditions ranging from low-to-high flows either intermittent or continuous.
- Greatly improves the hydraulic performance of conventional protection materials such as aggregate, rip-rap and vegetation by confining them within a cellular structure.
- Can produce a flexible concrete slab for a low-friction armoured channel lining.
- Can be designed for specific site conditions based upon compatibility with local environmental, ecological and aesthetic requirements, maximum anticipated flow and associated hydraulic stresses.
- Surface roughness and hydraulic efficiency of the lining system can be changed to control flow.
- Subgrade drainage requirements and deformation potential within the structure can be addressed.
- Swales and drainage ditches
- Storm water diversion or containment
- Process water channels
- Spillways, down chutes, drop structures
- Culvert outfalls
- Intermittent or continuous/low to high flow channels
Perforations facilitate parallel slope drainage of the infilled cell. In saturated conditions, the removal of excess water increases infill friction, reducing down-slope sliding forces, resulting in a more stable system.
In vegetated systems, perforations allow roots to grow from cell to cell, creating greater vegetative stability against short-term hydraulic events.