Grassland - Unidrill Seeding Equipment
Their requirements were, close row spacing, so that true one pass seeding could be made into grass/cereal stubble, or a conventional seedbed. A compact 3 point linkage chassis, for quicker headland turn performance in smaller field’s, and a central seed metering system, for high speed accurate sowing combined with the ability to sow down to the very last seed quantity with all seed types.
The soil engaging unit is from the proven grassland unidrill, on a trailing rubber suspension arm. We have extensively trialled the system in 2010, with, as expected, first class results. Nothing in our 45 years of experience, places small seed in contact with soil at the correct depth, as well as a single disc and seedtube coulter arrangement, so the percentage of seed to germinate is very high.
By using the Unidrill, new seeds can be introduced into existing swards, either by seeding directly into glyphosate sprayed off grass stubbles, or by stitching in without chemical, using cultural control of the existing sward. Seeding into cereal/pulse stubble’s, or conventionally tilled seedbeds can be easily achieved with absolutely minimal changes in set up.
With the professional contractor in mind, the machine is heavy duty, with quality components, and is relatively maintenance free. The narrow row spacing, makes the same machine very suitable for over seeding into grass based sports playing surface’s.
- 32 rows at 90mm close spacing disc seed coulters, 33% closer than the model it replaces, for true ONE PASS seeding.
- Cat 3 linkage mounting for convenience and QUICKER headland turns.
- 700 litre Kverneland ACCORD hopper for proven high speed drilling, quick and easy calibration, convenient emptying, and individual row accuracy,with the ability to sow to the last quantity of seed, with all seed types, perfect for all small seeds ie. kale, stubble turnips, rape and grass.
- 1000rpm PTO fan drive (Hydraulic Optional)
- Seeding depth controlled off rear packer roller, with simple pin and hole adjustment.....seeding coulters can be totally suspended off the ground with all the weight on the packer roller, or all weight can be put on the discs to give up to 94kg/coulter with an empty hopper,the same as the model it replaces. Total weight with 700kg standard ballast is 3000kgs
- Weight can be reduced to 2300kgs for working in conventional seedbeds, or softer conditions
- Optional additional ballast, in 50kg sections can also take this up to a maximum of 124kg/coulter, 30% more than the model it replaces.
- 3 metre transport width , with a drive wheel , which is quickly set inside frame for road transport, working width is 2.9 metres
- Heavy Duty 100mm x 100mm x 10mm Powder coated chassis.
- Low maintenance trailing arm rubber suspension, offset to achieve close row spacing.
- Proven MOORE UNIDRILL sowing disc/coulter arrangement
- 410 x 5 mm serrated boron discs.
- LONG LIFE Tungsten carbide tipped coulters
- NKE tapered roller bearings. QUADRUPLE sealed on the disc face, and double sealed on the outer face.
- Folding rear filling safety step with safety rail
- LED Road lights
- Full width GUTTLER GREENMASTER self cleaning packer roller.