Model GVB520 - Pneumatic Metered Seed Planter
From Seed Planter
The GVB520 seed planter injects a seed into the ground every half-second, approximately 7,200 hills per hour, either through plastic mulch covered beds, or directly into bare ground. For vegetable row crops where one to nine row configurations are required, planting heads may be positioned at any point along the length of the tool bar. All planters come completely assembled and set up to your exact specifications.
The Planting Process
The GVB520 seed planter performs four functions at once.
- The first step involves a propane fired turbo torch that pre-burns a hole into the plastic mulch.
- Next, the planting jaw inserts a precise number of seeds (one to two average) into the ground directly through the center of the pre-burned hole.
- The packer wheel comes in behind it to pack the seed into the hole.
- The last step involves a water nozzle that dispenses approximately 1/4 cup of water, or liquid fertilizer to flush the hole closed, sealing the seed into the ground. Each burst of water is timed to the hole, eliminating waste
Seed planter GVB520 Features & Specifications
- Planting Depths: 1 to 3 inches
- Depth Control: Combination spring loaded parallel arm and gauge wheel
- Raised Bed Capacity: 0 to 12 inches
- Side - by - Side Plant Spacing: From 6 inches to length of the tool bar
- In-Row Spacing (Plant to Plant): 8 to 20 inches (Optional Extended Spacing Available) Spacing Sprocket Kit included
- Row Centers: Adjustable from 48 to 80 inches
- Hydraulic Requirements: 1500 p.s.i. @ 8 gallons per minute
- Three Point Hitch: Category II (standard)
- Tire Size: 15 inches AG Bar, 6 Ply
- Tool Bar Configuration: Lock & Keeper Mounting - Lateral Slide Adjustment
- Seed Hopper Capacity: 1/2 Bushel Per Hopper
- Maximum Planting Rate: 3,600 to 7,200 Hills/hr. - Depending on Plant Spacing and Field Conditions
- Seed Flow Rate: 0.8 to 2.5 Seeds Per Hill - Seed Rate Sprockets included
Standard Equipment Included With Base Seed Planter Units
- Tool bar with CAT I or II three point hitch mounted to drive assembly.
- Two drive tires on 1,2,3 and 4 row units: 760-15-6 ply traction bar type
- Four drive tires on 6-row units: 760-18-6 ply traction bar type
- Hydraulically driven blower with flow control and hoses
- Seed singulator with one seed plate
- Include with the GVB520 only are 8”, 10”, 12”, 14” & 16” spacing sprocket
Seed plates are available for almost any variety of seed, raw or coated:
- Chicory, Lettuce, Radish, Celery,Carrot, Tomato, Pepper.
- Turnip, Mad Apple, Parsley, Fennel, Leek, Cauliflower, Melon.
- Spinach, Cucumber, Asparagus, Watermelon.
- Sugar Beet, Beet, Squash, Beans, Corn, and others.
Optional Equipment for our Seed Planter
- Propane Hole Burner, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 and 4 inch sizes available
- Water/Liquid Fertilizer Injector
- Universal Three Point Hitch
- 20# or 100# Propane Tank Bracket
- Seed Singulation is Customizable to Customer Requiremnts
- Optional Extended Spacing Available, 20 to 26 Inches In-Row