Handheld Multishot Tag Injector
From Coded Wire Tags
The Multishot Tag Injector is designed to meet the demand for a small, portable, handheld 'field' injector to mark small batches of fish or very large specimens. The Multishot is not intended to replace the MKIV Injector which was developed to handle millions of cycles of tag injections.
The tags are supplied in continuous form on a plastic spool. The Multishot cuts a tag from the spool, magnetizes it and injects it into the specimen. The operator then verifies that the specimen contains a magnetic tag with any of the portable CWT Detectors (e.g. the Wand or V-Detector) made by NMT for that purpose.
- The Multishot is about 10 ounces in weight, 11 inches long (27.9 mm), 2 inches (5.1 mm) wide and 2 inches (5.1 mm) deep
- The Multishot has a high grade aluminum housing and many of its components are stainless steel
- The Multishot can be used to mark 200 to 400 fish per hour
- The Multishot can inject standard length (1.1 mm), one and a half length (1.65 mm) or double length (2.2 mm) tags (it can not be used to inject half length tags)
- The Multishot can be used with head molds to assist tag placement
- The Multishot carries NMT's standard warranty and can be purchased or rented
The Multishot Field Kit is designed to compliment the Handheld Multishot Injector. This kit contains the most often needed replacement parts required by users in the field.