Alkagrain is a good quality alkaline animal feed with increased protein and high energy levels produced on farm or manufactured by mixing mature grain with Home n’ Dry®. It is safe to feed as a concentrate in balanced diets at 2 – 3 times greater than the feed rate of conventionally prepared cereal grains as a high quality, cost effective substitute for over manufactured and purchased feeds.
Alkagrain is effective because:
- Lower final cost than other methods of grain storage and treatment
- It eliminates the drying cost
- It has an increased protein level which is typically more than 15% crude protein or a higher amount is possible if required
- The alkaline pH provides a buffer to support rumen function & safely increase cereal content of the diet
- No further processing in the winter if the grain is crimped during the feed mixing process