If saving time, hay and money are important to you than our hay tarps are the right choice. Winkler Canvas hay tarps are the easiest and most cost effective way to cover your hay. Developed in conjunction with farmers and manufactured in a wide range of sizes to suit all types of bales and haystack configurations, our high quality polyethylene hay covers are an economical and cost effective solution for covering hay. Our hay tarps are used by some of the largest hay and flax straw companies in the world, including Schweitzer Mauduit Canada.
- According to the USDA and Statistics Canada, hay production in these two countries exceeds 155 million tons per year
- Less than 5% of the production is covered with Haystack Covers or Bale Covers
- Less than 5% of the production is stored in conventional barns
- Hay tarps could average a cost of less than $2.00 a ton and return $20 -$50 per ton in price improvement for the better quality hay
- Horses will not eat wet hay and other livestock can either get sick or refuse to eat the hay
- The sun and its ultra-violet rays contribute to reducing nutrients and protein in hay
- Studies show approximately 10% of uncovered hay bales will be lost to spoilage
Winkler Canvas Hay Tarps are the solution. We offer domestically made fabrics created to withstand our tough environment. 6 oz. and 10 oz. polyethylene materials are available. We carry standard sizes in stock and can design custom covers to accommodate any type or size of stack you may require.
15’ x 60’ *18’ x 48’
18’ x 60’ *24’ x 48’
24’ x 60’ *32’ x 48’
All haystack covers are sewn standard with a rope reinforced perimeter and a triple layer reinforcement at every grommet. Typical grommet spacing is 24’’ apart. Optional D-rings and or belt ties are available upon request.
Standard Haystack Cover Tarps are available in 6 oz. silver/black or 10 oz. silver/white polyolefin fabrics.
Tie Down Options Available:
- Pipe & Ratchet Style Systems Have Pockets Along the Sides of the Stack Covers and Flaps with Draw Belts On the Ends.
- Covers with Grommet or D-rings Around The Perimeter Have the Following Hardware Options Available for Fastening:
- 30″ tarp strap
- 21″ tarp strap
- 15″ tarp strap
- 9″ tarp strap
- 6″ tarp strap
- 2.5″ S-hook
- 1/4″ black poly rope
Typical ship date is 3-4 days for custom orders.