HCLT - Model 7200 - High Capacity Lumber Tester
Grades dimension lumber at speeds up to and exceeding 3600 ft/minute (1098 m/minute). Certified for MSR, MEL, E-Rated Lumber, MGP, and MSG grades. Measures stiffness directly to accurately determine modulus of elasticity (E). Provides best grading accuracy and consistency for the best profit. Applies stress over the full length of the lumber. Features patented 'Stressed in Bending' mechanics: the only technology that responds accurately to grain angle, microfibril angle, and moisture content in lumber. Modular design simplifies maintenance and repairs
- Processes lumber widths 2.5 to 11.4 in (63.5 to 290 mm) & thicknesses 1.2 to 1.8 in (30.5 to 45.5 mm)
- Produces lumber for structural applications including trusses, joists, purlins, and E-rated laminate stock
- Installs just inches from your planer outfeed so space requirements are reduced
- Shifting base quickly swaps a bypass conveyor for the 7200 in the production line
- Unlimited configuration files for grade combinations and sizes
- Includes performance monitoring & troubleshooting tools for ease of maintenance
- Records production and calibration data automatically
- PC Data System features a touch screen for quick, easy user interface
- The PC Data System displays real-time grade and E readings
- PC Data System processing eliminates analog system drift and ambiguity, and makes the lumber grading data compatible with other Windows-based data analysis programs
- Production run information tallied for later analysis in an Excel-based utility which generates reports & charts from each shift’s data
- PC Data System can network with other computers in the plant to share data & ease its evaluation
- Features enhanced spray marking capabilities
- Bends the lumber in two directions in the machine’s two bending sections with the bending forces measured & combined to compute Local E along the piece length
- Average E & Low-Point E values are compared against operator-selected thresholds to determine the MSR grade
- Data for each board can be passed via serial port to optimizing systems downstream
Metriguard offers a variety of single nozzle and multiple nozzle and valve arrays for marking wood products. Our nozzles are available with 115 Vac and high-speed low-voltage solenoid control in several mounting configurations with or without ink tank systems. These systems, on a variety of Metriguard products, are available for use anywhere ink spray marking is required.
Operator-set thresholds determine which of eight grades is automatically spray-marked on the end of each piece. Standard 115 Vac spray system, four ink tanks, and a 4-shooter nozzle are included.
An optional high-speed (dc) spray system (4 or 6 channels) is available for marking the lowest Local E or all local E values on each piece.