Heavy Duty Agricultural Chain & Flight Store Conveyors
From Grain Handling
These conveyors have been designed to fill a gap in the market. They have been purposfully built for customers who require higher capacities than standard agricultural equipment or have a higher annual throughput, but they don't require the very high capacity or specification of fully industrialised equipment. These chain and flight conveyors are capable of capacities of up to 120tph based on wheat @ 750kg/m³ and suitable for up to 30,000 tonnes per annum, they are ideally suited to small grain stores or large farms. As with our standard agricultural chain and flight conveyors, these conveyors are suitable for conveying most free flowing or partially free flowing materials and are available as horizontal/flow & return, inclined or curve combination conveyors. They are built with the same high quality finish and exacting standards that our agricultural range is know for, meaning you get a high quality product for a very attractive price.
- Heavy duty specification. 3mm thick base and 2mm thick sides (thicker options available).
- Stainless steel / galvanised steel / mild steel powder coat painted construction options.
- Perry heavy duty roller chain with deep plastic flights, ideal for handling cereals, pulses and granular products. This also means there is no metal to metal contact.
- A range of chain speeds to suit various products.
- A reliable 90 degree direct drive gear unit as standard. Vee belt drive to shaft mounted gear box as an option.
- Horizontal, curved, inclined and flow & return conveyors available. Inclined and curved conveyor options up to 45° as standard, 90° as an option.
- All bolted and rivetted construction with heavy duty dimple form countersunk joint for high mechanical strength.
- Variety of inlets & accessories.
- Brush gear available to reduce carry over.
- Pneumatic or motorised outlet options.
- High specification outlets with dust and scraper seals.
- Mechanical reception pits can be fitted to all horizontal/inclined combinations.
- Cleaning flights available for seed handling applications.
- Cup flights available to handle carry over when end outlets have slides fitted.
Chain & flight conveyors, in their simplest form, operate by dragging a product along the base of an enclosed trough with a flighted chain, which revolves around a free running tail sprocket and a driven sprocket. Product enters the conveyor through an inlet usually at the tail and usually exits through an adaptor at the drive end.
There are many variations to the basic machine, some conveyors are designed to be able to run in reverse pushing the product as well as dragging it, some convey along a high tray instead of the base of the trough and some have no base at all, to evenly fill grain stores. Others work on a flow and return principle where product enters the top of the conveyor at any point along its length, is moved by the chain along a high tray until it goes around the tail end shaft and is carried along the base. This method is particularly useful when feeding a line of silos or driers from a single feed.