Indoor Recirculation Aquaculture System are land-based fish farms, which allows all year round control and delivery of fish. Whether the facility will use fresh water, brackish or a marine water, an R.A.S works on the same principles. The system can achieve optimal temperature and optimal and stable production all year round, independent of seasonal variation, location, climate and environment.
The biology of eel is different from other farmed fish species. This is caused by the biology of eel and its life cycle. Eel is belongs to the fishes which are migrating from fresh water into the ocean to reproduce. The young fish returns from the long journey from the Sargasso Sea back to Europe as so called glaas eel. After six to nine years the males and after eight to twelve years the females are going back to the ocean to reproduce. Therefore the new fish for stocking in the farms has to be caught from the wild and to be brought to the fish farms. Because this natural resource is limited the prices for glaas eel are varying over the years.
- Stable production of high quality fish, 365 days a year
- Low water requirement .
- High production of quality fish on a relatively small area.
- Reduced risk of diseases.
- Low mortality rates.
- Continuous control
- No environmental influences
- Intake and effluent reducing to the minimum.
- Treatment of discharge water
- Depending on regular power supply and control.
- Start-up capital for building, technical installation and running cost
HESY Aquaculture has technical and biological experience of intensive production facilities of more than 20 different kinds of warm and cold fresh- and saltwater fish species like:
- Salmon smolt
- Pike Perch
- Murray Cod
- White fish
- Ornamental fish
- Sea Bass
- Sea Bream
- Yellowtail Kingfish