- Significantly reduces vertical shock to boom components compared to rear mounted units
which often cantilever booms 3 to 4 feet behind
- Higher field speeds are possible, increasing productivity and making maximum use of favorable spraying conditions.
- Greatly improves visibility of spray nozzles and
- Allows shorter wheelbase design for better tracking on hillsides and contours.
- Rear fold design provides plenty of boom to tractor cab clearance during short turns.
- Allows rear positioning of fill components: no need to fold booms when filling: simply back up to nurse vehicle to fill and “spray away”.
Hydraulic accumulators are provided on main and wing lift cylinders to provide shock cushioning and are combined with spring centered, self leveling linkage to assure a smooth boom ride. Eleven-foot outer wing is protected by a self-returning, shock absorber dampened breakaway system. Non-drip, triple nozzles on 20' spacing are provided as standard equipment. Tip selection is accomplished with just a twist. Boom clamps are stainless steel. An adjustable auxiliary spray nozzle is located behind each Trailer Tire.
10O-gallon clean water tank feeds dual 360-degree in-tank rinse balls to provide quick and easy in-field rinsing of both tank and boom plumbing. Ace Hyd 150F-304 hydraulic pump provides reliable, high-volume flow with ample capacity for agitation requirements.
Century's optional foam marker provides 14 or 25-gallon capacity, dual drop bells and in-cab control console.
Spring cushioned boom 'Touch-down' wheels are equipped with switches which automatically activate wing lift hydraulics to help prevent wings from being damaged due to ground contact and to help maintain a minimum Tlp-To-Target distance. Visual and audible alarms are activated to alert operator when height adjustment has been made.