Model HM7400 - Highway Mower
From Mowing Equipment
Here is the ideal side mount mower for the highway right of way mowing and other tough mowing jobs. The Edwards HM7400 Series Highway Mower is designed to adapt to a wide variety of agricultural and industrial tractors. Mounting permits complete flexibility for shoulder and median mowing. The direct coupled hydraulic drive provides shock absorbing power transmission with overload protection. A mechanical safety control device shuts off and prevents the mower shaft from operating when the mower is in an upright travel position.
- Reversible double edged knives individually mounted for easy sharp- ening.
- Mower is designed to direct material back and down for maximum safety.
- Hydraulic drive frees P.T.O. for rear mounted or trailing equipment on most tractors.
- Sturdily built for long operating service.
- Greasable bearings support rotor shaft for extended life with periodic lubrication
- The six foot model has 72 heavy duty* knives; the five foot model has 60.
- The six inch diameter roller supports mower for following contour of the ground.
- Direct coupled motor eliminates power consuming belts, pulleys and jackshafts.
- Unique shield ring protects bearings from grass wrap.
- Hard pins and spring bushings add long life to mechanism joints.