Home Food Production Systems
Nelson and Pade, Inc.’s Home Food Production systems use the same science-based design, component ratios and water flow dynamics as our commercial systems. They are just smaller. Our Home Food Production systems are a great way to learn the concepts and daily operation of aquaponics, while growing fresh fish and vegetables for your family. The individual filter tanks demonstrate all of the scientific principles of aquaponics, make operation easier and increase productivity. The multi fish tank design allows you to sequentially stock fish of the same size in each tank, resulting in regular harvests of fish and continuous harvests of vegetables.
Our Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® provide lots of fish and veggies for home food production, education and demonstration applications. Starting with the F5 (Fantastically Fun Fresh Food Factory) the Home Garden, Family Plus and Family Farm Market, we cover all the bases as far as sizes, production levels, options and methods. With our innovative filtration systems, the annual output of fish and vegetables from these systems is very high for the space, investment and effort. Growing your fresh fish and vegetables in our Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® will reduce your dependency on buying food from the grocery store and will provide you with high quality fish and vegetables that are free of chemicals, pesticides, growth hormones and antibiotics.
Plus, our systems are clean and tidy, so you won’t have any messy soil or media and, thanks to our biological filter tanks, the water will smell fresh, not fishy.
Grow diverse crops
We use tilapia and lettuce as the examples in our production numbers but you are by no means limited to these crops. We have grown all kinds of vegetables in our Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® including cucumbers, beans, peas, tomatoes, peppers, corn, radishes, beets, kohlrabi, cabbage, lettuce and greens, herbs, broccoli and more!
Everything you need
Our complete system packages include everything you need to get started growing food in aquaponics. We have designed these systems for people who want to get growing instead of spending time sourcing parts, designing, redesigning, experimenting and reinventing. We have done the hard part for you.
Customer, Alice Hill, Kanses, comments: “I wanted to let you know we’ve made good progress on our demonstration greenhouse and Home Garden system. The last few days we’ve been dry fitting the tanks & rafts together. It is actually fun – following the alphabet clues and your very clear instructions. It is wonderful to see this long held dream come into reality. The system has been very user friendly. Thank you for all the years of perfecting this system so that Jeff and I didn’t have to reinvent a wobbly wheel.”
Home Food Production systems include:
- Complete Clear Flow Aquaponic System® – proven, science-based design includes fish tanks and all filter tanks, tank drains, the raft tanks and rafts (cut and drilled), hand-crafted cedar tank stands for all fish, filter and raft tanks (stand assembly required), water pump and plumbing, gate valves and true union ball valves, air blower, aeration system and air diffusers, fish net, starter supply of grow cubes.
- Documentation and technical support:
- Aquaponic Food Production (RL Nelson) and Aquaponics Q and A books (J Rakocy)
- Assembly Manual and Operation Manual including SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Assembly and Grower Tech support (4 hours via email). Additional tech support available