From Grain Handling
Chief horizontal chain conveyors come standard with fully galvanized intermediate sections and can be customized to your application by combining exterior gauging, liners, chain types, sprocket options, paddles and speed requirements. By using components fabricated to exacting specifications, your Chief chain conveyor will be easy to assemble and provide long lasting service. The galvanized housing resists corrosion. It’s integral staggered seam construction provides a flush connection throughout the interior of the conveyor without use of welding.
- For easy maintenance, a bolt-on panel easily removes to allow lifting out the shaft, bearings and sprocket as one unit.
- Integral staggered seam and flanged seam construction are available. No welding at the intermediate sections gives the galvanized exterior superior corrosion resistance.
- Telescoping-type take-up systems are available with square tubing or heavy-duty rectangular structural steel tubing.
- Depending on the application, flange bearings, medium duty series 300 ball bearing, double row spherical, or tapered roller bearing pillow blocks are used.
- Chief’s unique broad-throat opening between the start of the discharge and the sprocket allows for an unobstructed discharge.
- All conveyers are shipped with required covers.
- Idler return systems are used for smaller conveyors; AR lined rail returns are optional on 21' (53.3cm) and wider conveyors.