Hurricane - Model 3-PT 26 - 3-Point ditcher
The model 3-PT 26 3-Point ditcher is designed to provide an economical way to make surface drainage ditches using your own farm tractor. Like all Hurricane 3-Point models, the 3-PT 26 is equipped with parking stands for easy hook-up and disconnection. It can be used with Cat II or III quick hitch by moving the bushings to the desired location.
The 3-PT 26 has a 5-paddle impeller (digging wheel) with hard-surfaced paddles that are designed to be resurfaced as they wear. To protect it from damage when larger objects are hit, the 3-PT 26 has a shear bolt in the 26' impeller.
An optional ripper tooth is available for running in extremely hard or rocky conditions. The optional deflector shield allows soil to be placed 4' to 8' from the machine to build a diversion or small terrace. The deflector shield can also be used to fill ditches washed along outer edges of waterways.
The rear shoe (dragplate) gives the machine stability, helps prevent gouging, and helps form the ditch in loose or wet conditions. A heavy-duty ratchet jack is standard for adjustment of the dragplate.
The gearbox components are easily accessible by removing the top or side cover plates. The gearbox consists of large shafts, heavy-duty sprockets and bearings, and double 80 roller chain; all enclosed and running in an oil bath. The external idler adjustment is used to maintain proper chain tension.
Depth of cut: up to 10 inches in a single pass; up to 26 inches in multiple passes. Options for the 3-PT 26: ripper tooth; deflector shield.
- Standard : 1-3/8-21 spline, 1000 RPM
- Optional : 1-3/4-20 spline, 1000 RPM
- PTO* : 55 series PTO with shear bolts which overload at the tractor end
- Gearbox : 5/16' material with double 80 roller chain, oil bath, external idler tension adjustment
- Impeller Wheel : 26' diameter with 5 paddles
- Hitch : Cat II or III quick hitch adaptable
- Weight : Approximately 1,000 lbs. without optional components; approximately 1,250 lbs. with optional components
- HP required : 80 HP to 140 HP