Hydraulic Scraper Systems
Dairypower is the foremost European designer and manufacturer of Automatic Hydraulic Yard Scraper Systems. Our patented scraper system has many unique features that make it the safest and most trouble free system in the world. Scraper systems have traditionally been chain, wire or rope operated. The Dairypower scraper system is hydraulically operated, which means fewer moveable parts and considerably less risk of breakdowns.
Safe operation and simple functions
The system is operated by a low noise hydraulic power unit connected to a hydraulic cylinder for each passage. One power unit can operate up to 6 passages. The hydraulic cylinder is connected to a Rail / Track that moves back and forth, moving the scraper in steps along the passageway. The scraper moves in steps at low speed, as the scraper stops for a few seconds during the return stroke of the cylinder, the animals are not stressed, and they can easily move away or step over it.
The system is operated by a very simple user friendly control box. Each scraper has its own timer and switch. It can be programmed to run individually or as one sequence. One sensor monitors the movement of the rams for a complete system. It has a safety feature which automatically switches off a scraper where an animal becomes immobilized and will not affect the other scrapers on the system. Also the scraper can be programmed to park in any position which the farmer chooses.
Dairypower Scraper System
The Dairypower Scraper System is the only hydraulic scraper manufactured that can operate in extreme conditions such as the very cold conditions experienced in countries like Russia and Iceland to the very hot conditions experienced in countries like Israel and the U.S.A.
Our unfaltering commitment to ongoing research and development has seen the Hydraulic System successfully installed for cattle, sheep, pig and poultry houses and sewage treatment plants. Dairypower has a patented spring loaded rail cleaning device which can cater for any extreme hot or frozen conditions. This has been the greatest breakthrough in hydraulic scrapers as all other manufacturers experience great difficulty in dry conditions.
- Easily installed in old or new barns
- Hydraulic installation means easier concrete / pre-installation work
- Robust design gives extra high capacity, and a long lifetime thanks to the use of high quality materials
- Animal friendly design with rounded edges
- The system can clean passageways up to 150 meters long and 5 meters wide
- The system is fully galvanized
- Designed for maximum safety for the cows as well as maximum cleaning efficiency
- Floating blades for cleaner passageways, which leads to better milk quality
- Suitable for passageways of odd lengths
- Passages do not have to be parallel and can be at right angles
The Hydraulic Powerpack is designed for a long and trouble free life with low noise level. The Hydraulic Pump is protected by a suction and return filtration system, helping to extend the lifetime of all components. The smooth change over valve means easy operation and gentle turns that do not disturb the animals. Adjustable hydraulic pressure makes it possible to optimize each plant to actual conditions. The oil level is visible and the
level is monitored by a float switch.
- 1.5 – 2.2 kw Motor
- 12 Litre Group 2 Hydraulic Pump
- Oil Level Gauge
- Oil Float Switch
- Oil Suction and Return Filters
- Breather Filler Cap
- Scraper Speed 3.3 meters per min.
The Dairypower scraper system is controlled by a very simple user friendly electronic control box. Each scraper has its own timer and switch for flexibility and individual customization. Passages can be programmed to run individually or as one sequence.
It has a safety feature which automatically switches off a scraper where a cow becomes immobilized and will not affect the other scrapers on the system. One sensor monitors the movement of the cylinders for a complete system. The 24V DC output voltage is protected by just one resettable 2A fuse.
The control box can also be programmed to park a scraper in any position which the farmer chooses.
The Rail is a heavy duty hot rolled rail. This Rail has four folds which gives it double the strength of a standard two folded Rail.
Its unique curved design prevents injuries on cow hoof. The rail is supplied in 3m lengths and has a guide bracket anchored every 1.5 meters. There is no welding in either the Rail or Guide Slides. The Rail can be installed on top of the floor or it can be recessed into the floor.
Note: Also available in Two Fold High Tensile Steel or Stainless Steel.
The Dairypower heavy duty robust scraper blade is supplied hot dip galvanized. It has a low and smooth profile,designed to prevent injuries on cow hoof. The scraper blade is driven by a patented double tongue mechanical tripping device with the options of locking to remove heavy loads. The tongue is spring loaded which keeps the rail clean, preventing a build up of slurry allowing the scraper to operate in very extreme hot or frozen conditions.
There is a range of Dairypower scraper blades to suit all types of passageways:
- Standard Straight Blade Heavy Duty Scraper
- Universal Scraper (The Blades are hinged so the Scraper can clean both flat and sloping floors, with the manure running inwards. By removing 2 pins the scraper can be closed to a V to allow tractor access)
- Double Blade Scraper (for very long passageways)
- Delta ‘V’ Scraper Blade (for passages with large difference in width)
- Pig Scraper (special low scraper to allow pigs to walk over)
- Slat Scraper (special locked blades, with outer rubber cleaning wings)
- Silage Scraper (scraper pushes silage to head-feed and closes on return journey
Dairypower produce two Ram Box options, a Standard External Ram Box or a patented Internal Ram which will avoid any preinstallation
work. The cylinders are specially designed for manure removal in
barns. The cylinders are powder painted and the hard chromed piston rod is made of special steel. Both options can be installed to push or pull the scraper blade.
This ram box consists of cushioned cylinder, a 24V DC Solenoid, a Magnetic Park Switch, a Glanded Junction Box and a Galvanized Checker Plate Cover.
- Dimensions: 60 x 30 x 10 cm
- Cylinder: 45 x 25 x 500 mm
Dairypower have developed and patented an Internal Ram system. The cylinder is installed inside the Rail and all electrical parts are installed overhead away from the manure. This system avoids any pre-installation work.