INTAREMA - Model TVEplus - Extruder System
The patented extruder system INTAREMA TVEplus sets new standards in the recycling of materials that are difficult to process such as heavily printed films and/or very moist materials. This is made possible through ultrafine filtration, thorough melt homogenisation and high-performance degassing in a single step. The proven basic principle of TVEplus technology: melt filtration takes place upstream of extruder degassing. This means you can realise end products which have outstanding high quality. End products which can contain a considerably higher share of recycled pellets.
Innovative, patented additional technologies for the EREMA cutter compactor (optional)
High capacities have never been as easy to achieve as with the new INTAREMA®. Counter Current technology makes it possible. Because the extruder handles more material in a shorter time. And this means for you: constant, top throughput within a considerably larger temperature range. For more productivity, flexibility and process stability.
- Highest process stability through improved material intake ensures constantly high output over a considerably broader temperature range
- Higher flexibility and operational reliability with a variety of materials
- Increased throughputs with the same plant size for more productivity
- Enhanced material intake, greater flexibility and higher throughput rates thanks to Counter Current technology
- Optimised triple degassing with the patented EREMA cutter/compactor, optimum screw design and extruder degassing ensure highly effective degassing of the filtered melt
- Reduced shearing before the filter improves filter performance
- Greater homogenization efficiency downstream of filtration and upstream of degassing enhances the subsequent degassing performance and improves the characteristics of the melt
- Innovative, patented additional technologies for the EREMA cutter/compactor – DD system and Air Flush module (optional) widen the scope of application
- High-quality end product even with materials that are difficult to process such as heavily printed films and/or very moist materials; end products can contain a considerably higher share of recycled pellets
- Extremely easy operation and maximum user-friendliness with the Smart Start principle
- ecoSAVE® reduces energy consumption by up to 12 % as well as production costs and CO2 emissions as a result
- Considerably higher outputs with the same screw diameter compared to conventional degassing extruders
- Compact, space-saving design
Extrusion preparation for problematic recycling material
With patented Double Disc (DD) technology materials with up to 12% residual moisture can be processed with consistently high output.
Many plastic recycling applications suffer under problematic feeding influences which typically have a negative influence on the subsequent extrusion process:
- High residual moisture
- Large density variations in the feed material
- Too large feeding portions
EREMA’s patented Double Disc technology eliminates negative influences on the extruder, thus ensuring high material quality and a wide processing range.
- Feeding of larger single portions possible
- Higher moisture in feeding material can be processed
- Increased output capacity
- Reduced melt temperature
- Up to 30% specific energy savings compared to standard EREMA systems (!) and significantly increased pellet quality, depending on processed material
In some cases, within limits, it is possible to retrofit the DD package to existing EREMA plants.
Removal of moisture from the cutter compactor when processing materials with high residual moisture
Washed post-consumer waste and BOPET production waste have one thing in common – moisture. Whereas in the case of washed fractions there may be up to 12% moisture, BOPET has minimal core and surface moisture values. Nevertheless this does lead to negative feeding and processing effects in the extruder, such as fluctuating outputs, irregular melt patterns, damage to the material and, as a result, reduced product quality.
EREMA’s patented technologies such as Double Disc and Air Flush Module eliminate negative influences on the extruder, thus ensuring high material quality and a wide processing range.