Whether you’re operating on a global scale or at the project level, PDS fits perfectly into your corporate strategy. PDS projects range from small plant revamps to multibillion-dollar offshore platform construction.
PDS runs on the popular Microsoft Windows® platforms; is compatible with popular relational database management systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and Informix; and interfaces with Intergraph SmartPlant® Enterprise software as well as a variety of third-party software.
PDS helps companies achieve more with fewer resources by providing:
- Automation that improves productivity
- Three-dimensional modeling that helps designers create a better design
- Dynamic walkthroughs that allow operations and maintenance personnel to interactively view the plant before it is constructed
- Interference checking to reduce or eliminate field rework
- Accurate material take-offs that cut costs
- Specification-driven design and checking that improve accuracy
We have a well-established track record of providing migration paths to our newest technologies, including the SmartPlant environment, the most advanced plant design architecture in the industry. PDS migrates smoothly to SmartPlant® 3D - Intergraph Process, Power & Marine's next-generation, data-centric successor to PDS - helping you make the most of your investment.
The capabilities provided by PDS address all of the design, build, and operation requirements of a facility throughout the entire plant life cycle, as shown in the table below.
- Provides more robust worksharing functionalities
- Offers tighter FrameWorks Plus and SmartPlant P&ID integration
- Supplies more command options
- Provides specification-driven design and interference checking, both 'hard' and 'soft'
- Has central database storage
- Provides accurate material take-offs
- Supplies extensive, customizable reference data created to industry standards
- Has library of 50+ typical reports for instrumentation engineering
- Provides Web-based data access
- Interfaces with popular analysis packages (i.e., STAAD-III, GT STRUDL, LARSA, CAESAR II, TriFlex, and others)
- Increase productivity by taking advantage of all your global resources
- Ensure accuracy by using the same data across the project workflow
- Save time with powerful functionality that reduces the number of mouse clicks
- Improves accuracy; reduces or eliminates field rework
- Keeps information accurate, current, easy to access
- Cuts costs
- Can speed creation of P&IDs and 3D models with predefined components
- Makes reporting easier, faster
- Provides secure, fast, easy, up-to-date viewing and publication of data
- Saves time and effort; enables quick evaluation of structural and piping configurations