In every situation – open field, orchard, vineyard or greenhouse – Irritec has designed the best irrigation system to meet your needs. To find out more, our sales team is happy to respond to your individual requirements.
- Climate or micro climate control in greenhouses works on the principle of energy exchange between air and nebulised water.
- One calorie is the amount of heat needed to increase the temperature of 1 cm³ of water by 1°C.
- Evaporation of nebulised water absorbs heat from the air at a rate of 560 calories per gramme (1 cm³) of water evaporated.
- This exchange lowers the air temperature.
- An efficient mist emission system can reduce greenhouse temperatures by 4° to 6° C depending on external conditions; in other words, outside temperature and humidity.
The following conditions are essential for effective cooling using EXL mist emitters:
- Efficient ventilation which continually brings drier air into the greenhouse to replace the humid air inside.
- A mist emission system which works in short bursts (impulses) to avoid air saturation and minimise the amount of water falling onto the plants.
- The EXL mist emission system is a comprehensive arrangement: starting from an appropriate pump (and analysis of water quality), it works through a programmer fitted with temperature and humidity sensors.